a note from Kyle

Rocky just sent me this. It's from Kyle (Parnell)

MARION JUST GOT THIS FROM KYLE,THOUGHT YOU MIGHT LIKE IT, -Rocky Forwarded Message ----------

Roque,

How are things going? I know I have been out of touch for a while so I wanted to check and see how you are doing. I am currently deployed to an airbase in Turkey. I have been here since the first of the year and will be back in Germany by the first of March. We are to conduct some training. Anything new going on with you these past few months? I cant remember if I told you but my oldest son Jordan and two of his friends entered a National History Day contest and they made a documentary on the Malmedy Massacre. I had them get in touch with a veteran who was there during the clean up. They made an awesome presentation and came in first place for their school. That gave them the opportunity to compete at the district level. That was last Friday. They came in first place there too. Now they will compete against all the American schools in Europe. That will be in March. If they will that then they will get to go to Washington to compete with all the schools in the states. I am proud of them and what they accomplished so far. I am also glad we have another generation who will help tell the stories of all you veterans from WWII.

Being where I am at I haven't been able to access Marion's forum for the past couple months. Have I missed much? I guess I will have to play lots of catch up once I return. I saw the mid west had some pretty bad snow storms latly. How has your area holding out? Lots of snow for you? Will the 34th be holding a reunion this year? Will you plan to attend? I suppose I have bent your ear enough for now.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Ah good to read he's ok :pdt34: