Sarge won't be here

I got a very nice letter from Sarge the other day and in fact, I haven't sat down to answer him yet, but I will...

He informed me that he has made a personal decision and that decision is not to frequent WWII forums any more including ours. He has decided to devote what time he has (he is taking care of a very sick wife) to his family's genealogy. I can understand his decision, but if I can be honest, I am really going to miss him and it won't be the same without him anymore.

He was a great contributor to this forum and a wonderful story teller. It's sad to think that he will no longer be here to chat with us. It's sad to because he could converse in several languages and that was a great help with our overseas buddies.

Sarge I miss you already and I hope you might stop by just to read my farewell to you. Love you lots and it was great meeting you. You added a lot to my life! :wub::wub::(

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

:unsure: Well Im very sad about his decision but we have to respect that.

I do not pray much in the church, but for myself I light some candles in my living room and think about the past and the now.

Well I will light a big candle for your wife and you and pray you'll be back.

Thank you Sarge

I hope their's a coming soon.

Martin from Luxembourg

I'm sorry to hear that his wife isn't well. I will miss him terribly. I do hope that he is able to stop in once in a while.

Brooke

:direct::direct:

Marion I read your nice message but would like with your permission to add these comments.

The reason I am directing my attention to Genealogy is because I am the

last one of my family on this side of the grass. My

children and my nieces and nephews are all after me about family data.

All four of us were in the service during WW II but due to the fact that little

or nothing was said they have no info but they want to get what I can gather

for them.

The other thing is that I have been asked

"What is A Primary Care Giver" (which I am for my wife) and

why does it take so much of my time.

Read below and find out why:-

0800 Get up and give medication. Go down stairs to prepare breakfast

0900 Eat with my wife after she has taken addditional medication

0945 Clean up kitchen,make beds and other house work

1200 Prepare lunch give more medication

1300 Laundry,Food Shopping etc.

1500 Give more medication(s)

1700 Prepare dinner after more medications administered

1745 Clean up kitchen

1830 Help my wife to get upstairs and ready for bed

2000 Medications

2100 Medications

In between times it is possible to get on the PC for short periods.

This has to be my priority after well over 50 years of a happy marriage. However it isn't "La Vie en Rose"!

If things change for the better I would like to start posting again!!

Sgtleo :wub::wub:

Glad you stopped in to elaborate. Thanks. Yes, totally understandable. You gotta do what you gotta do. Heck I've had to make some decisions over the last year or two and some things got trimmed and other things completely cut from my life.

This year I am letting go all of my web clients except for my daughter and the community sites I take care of. Namely our market and the local private community, Forest Lake. I don't have the time to dedicate to web designing and hosting and all the tech support it entails. Too much for me and if I can't give 100 percent to my clients anymore, then it's not fair to them. When I made this decision, I felt a huge weight lifted off my shoulders.

On occasion I will still work Windows XP machines, but, and this is the big IF, only when I FEEL like it. I took down my advertising for my Computer Consultant business, so I don't have that hanging over my head anymore either. Now I create Power Point slides for local who need slides created for insertion on the local cable TV channel, etc., but I can do that when I have time. It's more of a leisurely thing. In other words, no high pressure stuff.

Running a store full time, having a family and working on my WWII stuff is my top priority. I just can't do it all anymore and had to redefine my priorities. My book will get a lot of priority this year. It's very important to me and to my vets. Time is of the essence.

That's why I am asking for more help this year with the site. That is the reason I am asking folks to post whatever they can and not asking me to do it. Sorry but I am not retired and have more on my plate that most could handle in a lifetime! ;)

But this isn't about me, but you, but I wanted to give you a feel so you could see how I could appreciate your decision.

Hugs,

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Genealogy is very interesting. I hope you are able to find what you're looking for. It can be a very frustrating and at the same time a very rewarding search.

All the best,

Brooke

Fred: Will miss your postings but will still keep in touch with you as usual. Come back when you can though..