Army Engineer Magazine

Awesome! Great work! :armata_PDT_37:

Maj Todd O. USMC, Retired
Grandson of LTC John O'Brien

No surprise here Marion. Everything he said about you is true and I am already able to say that I knew you back when.

parker

Below is an excerpt from a letter I received from Col Mike of Army Engineer Magazine. It refers to Stanley Dziuban, 39th

anks, Marion:

The next issue (Mar-Apr) will feature an article written by Stanley; his "fight" as a part of Darby's Rangers at Gela. It's amazing to me how many people I continue to meet in the process of doing the magazine...and to see so many veterans still involved in things dealing with Army "engineering"...

DARBYS' RANGERS---kinda rings a bell. Rocky of the 34th

Well done Marion, maybe tv next ? :clappin2:

I think I look better on paper! LOL!!! :frown:
Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

I look better on radio myself!!! :rolleyes:

LOL!!!

Well, I just submitted my article to the editor. YIKES! I also sent a photo for the cover and several for inclusion for the story. I finished three weeks before the deadline. What a great feeling (I'm dancing around the house right now)! :zelda: Funky chicken? :frown: I hope it's what Col Mike was looking for.

I'd like to offer some advice (if I may), to those who love to write; use Adobe's Read-Aloud feature. I've been using it for a couple of years now. I write in WORD, and then save a copy in Adobe Reader format (pdf file). Then I open the pdf file and go the pull-down menu, VIEW/READ OUT LOUD, and tell it to ACTIVATE the feature. Next go back to same menu and click on one of the listed options such as, Read to End of Document. I find it an invaluable tool and you can HEAR your words. You can "see" if you words flow and will catch things your eyes don't see. I find it makes me a much better writer. Try it sometime. :pdt34:

Marion J Chard

YEAY!!!!!!!!

:armata_PDT_37:

I just received the latest issue of Army Engineer Magazine, and I'm thrilled to share it with all of you.

The photo I submitted to Mike, was used for their cover, and was given to me by one of our Alger Market customers, Allison Chmielewski. It was amongst the images brought back from Europe by her father, Al Hutchings, a 297th Engineer. My article is one of three, used for their tribute - Salute to WWII Army Engineer Veterans.

Once again, many thanks to Col Mike Morgan for his excellent work as editor in chief, and for asking me to be a contributing writer for this wonderful issue. Many thanks to "my engineers" and their families for their continued support and inspiration. It's a great honor to be part of all this.

Humbly yours,

M1

:blush:

Army_Eng_Mag__May_June_2008___No_Bridge_Too_Far___Marion_J_Chard.pdf

Attached Files
.pdf   Army_Eng_Mag__May_June_2008___No_Bridge_Too_Far___Marion_J_Chard.pdf (Size: 1.18 MB / Downloads: 0)
Marion J Chard

I was just sitting outside enjoying the cooler temps after today's thunder-boomers, and was scanning the pages of Army Engineer mag. I turned to Mike's editorial page - An Independent View, and was surprised, delighted and tickled to see my name, along with my buddy Mari, whose article also appears in this issue.

I had no idea I was going to be mentioned in his editorial, and feel SO very honored to be included on his page. I am also including Mari's article, (her father is a 297th Engineer), as well as the article written by my dear friend, WWII veteran and writer, Max Schwartz, 1306th Engineer General Service Regiment.

Editorial

March of the Damned - Max Schwartz

Buddies Then & Now - Mari Ippolito

Essayons Mike, Mari and Max (I just realized we are all M's. Oh no, Mr Bill, the "M's" are taking over the world... :frown:

-----------------------

Army_Eng_Mag__May_June_2008__Editors_Page001.pdf

Army_Eng_Mag__May_June_2008___Buddies_Then___Now___Mari_Ippolito001.pdf

Army_Eng_Mag__May_June_2008__March_of_the_Damned___Max_Schwartz001.pdf

Attached Files
.pdf   Army_Eng_Mag__May_June_2008__Editors_Page001.pdf (Size: 411.05 KB / Downloads: 0)
.pdf   Army_Eng_Mag__May_June_2008___Buddies_Then___Now___Mari_Ippolito001.pdf (Size: 678.97 KB / Downloads: 0)
.pdf   Army_Eng_Mag__May_June_2008__March_of_the_Damned___Max_Schwartz001.pdf (Size: 834.83 KB / Downloads: 0)
Marion J Chard