Research - 2nd bn 36th Engineeers

Sorry for the confusion, I am new to p[osting on WEB boards. Twobiscuit pointed me to this site. I am trying to gain info on my Grandfather, he inlisted in 41 in the 36th, from his service records I can tell in was in Africa for Operation Torch, then went to Italy and Europe? My family has very little info outside of the service records, and memory of talks my father had with him. I have 2 boys and think that it is important to pass on as much info as I can.

Thanks, Scott

Scott,

Glad to see you found your way over here. Like Marion said there is a ton of stuff. Most of it is accessable from the main page. Be sure to check out the congressional record pdf on Cecil Addy's page and John Fallon's short history of the 36th. There's plenty of downloadable stuff and plenty of help from the great people on the forum.

Chris

Chris, thanks for bringing Scott on board. As you said above, their is all kinds of info and the best place to look is on the main site, as it is dedicated to the VI Corps Engineers. You will find photos, personal memoirs and the history of the 36th in detail.

There is also a reunion next month which I will be attending. Make sure you check out our reunion section to see the details.

Make sure you sign up for the email newsletter too. You can find a sign up area on the forum and also on the main site. This way we can stay in touch and up-to-date.

Scott, glad you are here. Feel free to ask questions. :pdt34:

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Odis,

You may have already found this information, but the 14th Engineer Battalion Association website contains a great deal of information regarding unit history. Specifically, if you follow the "In Memoriam" link you can find detailed listings of KIAs by conflict. The 14th Engineer Battalion's official website also has some great articles regarding the unit's history. I'll provide the links below. I hope this is helpful to your search.

Association web site: http://www.14thcombatengineers.org/index.html

14th Official site: http://www.lewis.army.mil/14theng/

CPT Kevin Loberg

Captain Kevin:

Good to have you here, and thanks for supplying the info for Odie. I hope he has seen it, or will shortly...

Can you tell us something about yourself? Will eagerly await another post. :pdt34:

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  245TH Combat Eng. daughter doing research Andy's Daughter 1 2,923 09-23-2017, 07:17 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Vet doing research Kathya 1 2,888 05-30-2017, 01:06 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter