Reading Vet's stories in December
Yes Doctor Rocky. Will pass along the prescription. Sounds like a damned good rememdy if I do say so! I guess I have to find something other than Jack though. We haven't been friends for about 20 years! :drinkin::drinkin::lol::lol::lol:
Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Yes Doctor Rocky. Will pass along the prescription. Sounds like a damned good rememdy if I do say so! I guess I have to find something other than Jack though. We haven't been friends for about 20 years! :drinkin::drinkin::lol::lol::lol:

Something better yet. Hot cup of peppermint tea. Too bad you don,t live next door. I have peppermint plants in my backyard. Wife used to get me to go get some leaves and I would put them in a pot of water and let it boil for about 3 mins. She loved it when she had a cold ,best part ,,,,rub down,yea!! now just memories. I still make the tea. Rocky :wub:

It seems to me that beyond the frozen feet it would be hard to maintain a state of alertness in mind-numbing cold like that. I've been in minus 20 degree weather before, but thank God nobody was shooting at me, because I was so miserable that I might not have ducked! :lol:

Jim :woof:

"quote: Remember reports during December '44 and have read it many times since - That was one of the coldest Winters Europe ever had. Tell me about it!!!" How damn true Sarge. Remember it well. A Infantrymans worse nightmare. I think the '44-'45

winter hit record lows.. But I could be wrong..

Hey Joe and gang:

Take a look at this page for some quotes from Stephen Ambrose, etc, regarding that winter.

http://www.ibiblio.org/cizewski/felixa/rhi...and/winter.html

Marion J Chard

Hey Joe and gang:

Take a look at this page for some quotes from Stephen Ambrose, etc, regarding that winter.

http://www.ibiblio.org/cizewski/felixa/rhi...and/winter.html

Marion; did you see the telephone lineman ? That is Exactly what I did when I went on patrol. I also climbed trees to string a line overhead across a road. Notice no M 1 rifle. only when on the line. Rocky :pdt::pdt33:

Cool Rocky. I will also think of you when looking up telephone poles!

We'll have to change the words to the old Glen Campbell song, "I am a lineman for the county", to "I am a lineman for the army..." :pdt34:

Marion J Chard

Cool Rocky. I will also think of you when looking up telephone poles!

We'll have to change the words to the old Glen Campbell song, "I am a lineman for the county", to "I am a lineman for the army..." :pdt34:

Good one Marion...How about "I am a lineman for the Red Bulls?" :) Speaking of them, I found a documentary about Red Bulls in WWII in the new DVD catalogue just received from International Historic Films.

:woof: DD

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Greatest Generation: WWII Veterans Set Sail To Share Stories With The World lsedels 0 1,916 07-20-2018, 10:11 PM
Last Post: lsedels
  The Attack On Pearl Harbor - December 7, 1941 sixgun 7 7,280 12-08-2014, 09:55 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Attention nurses & veterans with stories regarding nurses Walt's Daughter 6 6,091 09-02-2013, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Jean Jacobson
  Sharing stories from England during the war Walt's Daughter 1 2,808 08-11-2011, 11:06 AM
  WWII, France , December 24,1944 sixgun 4 4,979 03-04-2011, 09:19 AM
  Battle of the Bulge - remember in December Walt's Daughter 7 7,615 12-24-2010, 12:15 PM
Last Post: Jeeper704
  Glider stories wanted Walt's Daughter 8 8,266 08-30-2009, 11:30 PM
  December 16th, 1944 Battle of the Bulge Walt's Daughter 2 3,286 12-16-2007, 11:47 AM
Last Post: Jeeper704
  Today in History - December 5, 1941 Walt's Daughter 0 1,864 12-05-2007, 08:23 AM
  Locations Of Army Units on December 7 1941 Wendy 2 3,523 10-25-2007, 07:26 PM