Personal Weapons Maintenance

Flags of Our Fathers is just a book, "" Dogfaces Who Smiled Through Tears"", that's HISTORY. 600+ days of combat. REDBULL

I mean no disrespect, but Flags of Our Father is NOT JUST A BOOK. It was written by the son of one of the soldiers from Iwo Jima. It was told through the eyes of six brave marines that were there.

The marine was John Bradley and his son James Bradley wrote the book. It is all factual. John Bradley, a Navy corpsman who a few days before had braved enemy mortar and machine-gun fire to administer first aid to a wounded Marine and then drag him to safety. For this act of heroism Bradley would receive the Navy Cross, an award second only to the Medal of Honor.

Bradley, who died in 1994, never mentioned his feat to his family. Only after his death did Bradley's son James begin to piece together the facts of his father's heroism, which was but one of countless acts of sacrifice made by the young men who fought at Iwo Jima.

Flags of Our Fathers recounts the sometimes tragic life stories of the six men who raised the flag that February day--one an Arizona Indian who would die following an alcohol-soaked brawl, another a Kentucky hillbilly, still another a Pennsylvania steel-mill worker--and who became reluctant heroes in the bargain.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

I STAND CORRECTED. RJR

Tis human to err my dear. :wub:

Learning is a constant.

Marion J Chard

-o--o--o-

To err is human but

To FORGIVE is DIVINE

Sgtleo :zelda::drinkin::coffee:

We make a good team Sarge! :drinkin::pdt::pdt::drinkin:

Marion J Chard

:direct::direct::direct:

Good God You're not thinking horses are you!!

Note Digression below:-

(Just got off the phone with an old buddy from the 17th AB Div from Missouri who raises horses amongst other things. That's why I thought of the above comment!!).

He wants me to go to New Orleans to see the restored C-47 that was given to the Museum there(WW II Museum) and reminisce. His wife can't believe we actually went to war in that type plane. A couple with big bucks restored the plane according to my buddy to the exact WW II fashion and presented it as a gift. I should be so rich.

Sgtleo :pdt::pdt::pdt:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Personal tribute to the men and women of D-Day 2011 Walt's Daughter 5 5,061 06-12-2011, 06:53 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Great weapons site Walt's Daughter 9 7,812 05-23-2007, 09:55 PM
Last Post: Dogdaddy