Future "sister" site www.ww2engineers.com

I am in the PLANNING stages for a "sister" site to VI Corps Combat Engineers. It would have the same exact flavor of the main site because I would use the templates (colors, fonts, etc.), but its focus would be for ALL WWII engineers.

If you look at the main site you will see that it is set up to focus on the 36th, 39th, 540th and 1108th, with photos and history pages for each of them. What I would like to do with future site, is to take all the info I have on the forum for the other engineering units, and create a page for each of the units.

So in other words if you visited the future site, it would have a home page regarding WWII Engineers and each subsequent page would feature the history of the various units. I would basically copy all the info that I have on the units that are now on the forum. This would make it lot easier for people doing searches on the Internet. They wouldn't have to search through the forum topics to find what they are looking for.

Anyway, it's something for the future, but I already purchased a domain name for it. www.ww2engineers.com. Don't try and ACTUALLY GO THERE RIGHT NOW, because there is NO SITE yet. I just have the name reserved.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"
:pdt34: Sounds great but you will be taking on a tremendous amount of work. We need a way for all of us to help instead of just putting a bigger burden on you. AL

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>:pdt34: Sounds great but you will be taking on a tremendous amount of work. We need a way for all of us to help instead of just putting a bigger burden on you. AL</span>

Al don't worry about our 5 foot (standing on a box ) dynamo. NO BRIDGE TOO FAR ,will soon be number one in our hit p[arade. There goes my computer, ity cannot spell .

papa

Thanks Papa! I'm sure AL is still smiling down from heaven and giving me his full support.

A few people have asked why I haven't added much to the main site as of late, but the answer is pure and simple; AIN'T got the time. Only so many hours in the week. The documentary has to be my main focus this year. If it works the way I planned, it could be a VERY BIG gain for the WWII engineers. The documentary will allow me to give them maximum exposure, even more than this site does. It could be shown in schools, in homes, and if the good Lord is willing, on PBS stations. I hope so for the sake of "my guys"! :wub:

Marion J Chard

Marion,

Your energy and ability to focus on several different areas (I think multitasking is the word ) never cease to amaze me. Am I happy you are setting up a WW11 Engineer site...You bet. I must admit that I enjoy reading anything WW11. But this site is more personal and therefore I enjoy it most with what little time I have for such things. I am sure the new site will be just as great and from an outsider like me ( Gen. Service ) I can only learn more....So Thank You in advance for all that you do.

Parker

Only those who risk going too far will ever know how far they can go. Unknown

Larry, those are very kind words. Thanks so much. It means a lot to me.

The new site will simply be an extension of this one, with more detail on other engineering units. We will have only one forum though; this one. I think it would be nice for people to look on a page, and see the contacts for their units, along with photos, links, stories and whatnot! But, this will come after the documentary is complete. Wish I could do it now, but I think I would have to clone myself. :frown:

Marion J Chard

THIS SOUNDS GREAT MARION.i look forward to seeing it in the futuR

BILL

Thanks for the vote of confidence Bill! :armata_PDT_01:
Marion J Chard

After reading this I know you are two persons, as one could not do all that you do. Hugs, Carl

Dear Carl:

A warm welcome to our forum. So nice to have you here. Please do me a favor and stop by our INTRODUCE YOURSELF section, and tell everyone who you are. I know they would enjoy hearing about another great SEAHORSE.

In the interim, everyone, this is Carl a 36th Combat Engineer, and a very dear friend of mine. I've had the delight to meet him at the last several reunions in PA.

WELCOME!

Marion J Chard

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Revamped Main Site - NEW LOOK!!!! Walt's Daughter 3 5,532 06-23-2017, 12:23 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  191, 864 hits on our main site! Wow! Walt's Daughter 0 3,569 09-20-2013, 07:52 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter