Target Stores

I just looked this up on Snopes .com and they are reliable.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/target.asp

I wonder if there has been a change in policy since last year? I don't remember seeing the kettle's there?

Target allows no solicitation in front of their stores, plain and simple. This way they do not have to make decisions on who gets to and who doesn't. ;)

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Remember how in my above post I told everyone how rumors fly about our business in the little town of Alger? Well in the very beginning my husband thought he would be a good soul and allow some people to HAVE CREDIT, in the hopes they could pay us when they could. Well, you can imagine how this turned out. It was a freakin' disaster. Sometimes having a generous heart only gets ya screwed, because too many people take advantage of you. Sad but true. :( So we threw that policy out the door after losing too much money.

After we ceased our policy (this probably affected 25 or so people), several people in the town accused of us not caring and being unthoughtful. You can't do that they said, how are these people going to get by? You guys own a business. Of course, we are millionaires! Ya right! :wacko:

One man came in and said his friend was one of those people, and he couldn't believe that we could do a thing like that. Well I said to him, would you like to cover their IOU's? You can start off writing us a check for almost $1500.00! :o He shut his mouth real quick!

So the BIG BAD STORE OWNERS weren't mean old ogers, or unsympathetic or crazed capitalists, we were getting ripped off and taken advantage of plain and simple.

Funny how many of these same people could suddenly pay cash for their beer, cigarettes and candy... You figure it out...

Bottom line? Many people are biased against business of any sort and without thinking formulate ideas which many times have no rhyme or reason or premise. They think if you're a business you are immediately a millionaire and taking advantage of people. It's just way too easy to make assumptions about business, big or small. :unsure:

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

I am ambivalent about the BIG stores. A corporation has no soul ! On the other hand you guys do and thats a shame that you were used and then abused.

I feel that the Wal Mart story is an example of bad business.They call it freedom of competeiton when it is economic elimination of competition for the little guy. They wipe out competition and then they withdraw hours and benefits , while recording massive profits. The dicotomy of quarterly profit statement and business expenses on that level is rediculous. If the small businessman was alowed a the same tax credits and deductions, it might be different, but I have no mercy for the Wal Marts.

Just a rant from a cranky independent business man!

While I can see allowing the Salvation Army and Vets groups asking for funds like the "buddy poppies" etc. I dont like to see every home grown group outside a store almost

every weekend looking for a handout. What I do like to see is a active useful group

setting up a hand car wash in a nearby towns strip mall. At least they learn that money should be worked for and not just be begged for.. O.K., so just put me down as a old

mean critter..