The Unit

Last night the show was pretty good. But the best part was what happened on the "home front". The wives wanted to raise money to buy phone cards for Americans serving overseas. One bought an old WW2 jeep that she planned to give away as their door prize. While cleaning up the jeep they found a Red Cross box that had a photo and a letter written just before the Battle of the Bulge.

In order to get more publicity about their program, they wanted to research who the soldier was so they could tell his story. They identified and located his buddy that was in the photo and he told them the name of the soldier who was killed in battle and who his widow was. Very interesting but a little too unrealistic in how they pulled up this info so fast.

There was a twist. Should I give it away?

At the fund raiser, they invited the soldier's wife and buddy. Before the raffled the restored jeep off, they wanted to read the letter to the wife---the last letter he had written before he died in combat. The letter ended with "My Darling Midge, I miss you so much". The old soldier spoke up and said "I'm Midge".

:pdt:

Looks like they should have read the note to them over the phone first. It would have saved everyone some embarassment.

Ed said last night..... "That's the Army for ya."

Was he the letter writer? Did he receive it from home? Did Jimmy write the letter to him? Did Jimmy even sign the letter and if he didn't, what made them think that it was his, did they make the assumption from the photo? I was like WTF?

Anyway, it was a good episode and I really liked the attitude adjustment Tiffy gave the protestors.

Brooke

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  painted rocks - unit crests Walt's Daughter 1 4,270 06-08-2009, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Dogdaddy