Condelences to Rocky and his family

Rocky

In this time of your deep sorrow.We would like to extend to you,our deepest and

sincerest sympathy.

Dolly-Jim Hennessey

87th-Inf.Div.

I received this from Rocky tonight.

Marion:

Today at noon we buried Elizabeth. She had so many freinds and relatives that came from El paso, San Antonio, Tularosa, New Mex, L.A.Cal. Our church got so full we had to turn some away. I don't know if I told you, she died Mon. 7;40pm AS I held her in my arms, she gave her last breath. God giveth and God taketh, and we accept HIS will.. Even tho as mere mortals it is painful. The poem that Chuck put in his thread was read by my Grandaughter. The poem read like Elizabeth was talking to me. Thank you Chuck. It is going to be hard to adjust but with ALL YOUR SUPPORT I will make it. Again thank all of the 6th Corps. That includes Kyle in Germany. God Bless you all and all the troops overseas.

Roque Riojas

Here is my reply:

Rocky:

First let me say that you are one amazing man. For you to sit and write to me every single night is just incredible. I honestly don't know how you do it. I would be a basket case and unable to function. But yet, here you are each night to tell me what has transpired and to let us know how you feel. I am so touched by your fortitude and your loving thoughts, even going through what you are. It is a testament of the person you truly are.

You and Elizabeth have touched my life and I will never forget either one of you, no matter how many days, months or years that pass.

I am not surprised by the huge turnout. As stated above, it is a testament of what the two of you are all about.

I can remember like it was yesterday when my father passed on when I was merely twelve. The funeral director approached my mother and I and said that he had never seen a bigger turnout or a larger procession. Said that if he didn't know any better, he would have thought that it was a turnout for a dignitary such as the mayor. That was the biggest compliment to my father because he was such a loving, caring individual and it showed. Look at all the folks that attended to honor him.

Honey I hope you are okay. I know that this is so very hard, and no amount of words or anything else can lessen your pain. Your faith and your friends can guide you through, but none can feel the burden of your heart.

Thank you for keeping in touch with me, it makes me feel as though I am family. Bless your heart for all you do and all you are. I know Elizabeth is smiling down on you and saying, that's my Rocky. She was one lucky woman, as you were one lucky man.

I love you lots,

Marion

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

I received this from Rocky tonight.

Marion:

Today at noon we buried Elizabeth. She had so many freinds and relatives that came from El paso, San Antonio, Tularosa, New Mex, L.A.Cal. Our church got so full we had to turn some away. I don't know if I told you, she died Mon. 7;40pm AS I held her in my arms, she gave her last breath. God giveth and God taketh, and we accept HIS will.. Even tho as mere mortals it is painful. The poem that Chuck put in his thread was read by my Grandaughter. The poem read like Elizabeth was talking to me. Thank you Chuck. It is going to be hard to adjust but with ALL YOUR SUPPORT I will make it. Again thank all of the 6th Corps. That includes Kyle in Germany. God Bless you all and all the troops overseas.

Roque Riojas

Here is my reply:

Rocky:

First let me say that you are one amazing man. For you to sit and write to me every single night is just incredible. I honestly don't know how you do it. I would be a basket case and unable to function. But yet, here you are each night to tell me what has transpired and to let us know how you feel. I am so touched by your fortitude and your loving thoughts, even going through what you are. It is a testament of the person you truly are.

You and Elizabeth have touched my life and I will never forget either one of you, no matter how many days, months or years that pass.

I am not surprised by the huge turnout. As stated above, it is a testament of what the two of you are all about.

I can remember like it was yesterday when my father passed on when I was merely twelve. The funeral director approached my mother and I and said that he had never seen a bigger turnout or a larger procession. Said that if he didn't know any better, he would have thought that it was a turnout for a dignitary such as the mayor. That was the biggest compliment to my father because he was such a loving, caring individual and it showed. Look at all the folks that attended to honor him.

Honey I hope you are okay. I know that this is so very hard, and no amount of words or anything else can lessen your pain. Your faith and your friends can guide you through, but none can feel the burden of your heart.

Thank you for keeping in touch with me, it makes me feel as though I am family. Bless your heart for all you do and all you are. I know Elizabeth is smiling down on you and saying, that's my Rocky. She was one lucky woman, as you were one lucky man.

I love you lots,

Marion

MARION,

I AM HERE VISITING MY DAD, ROCKY, TO BE HERE IN SUPPORT THROUGH THE LOSS OF ELIZABETH. SHE WILL BE SADLY MISSED, SHE WAS AN INSPIRATION TO ME. WE ALL KNOW SHE IS WITH GOD. I WAS HERE WHEN THE BEAUTIFUL

PLANT ARRIVED..THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO. HE THINKS FONDLY OF YOUR

FRIENDSHIP.

THERE WERE SO MANY PEOPLE AT THE CHURCH OVER 450 AND MANY WERE TURNED AWAY DUE TO LACK OF SPACE. SHE WAS LOVED BY MANY, ESPECIALLY BY MY DAD. THEY WERE TRULY IN LOVE AND I KNOW THAT HE WILL MISS HER

AGAIN, MANY THANKS FOR ALL YOU DO FOR HIM,

WITH LOVE AND MANY THANKS

IRENE BAHR, DAUGHTER OF ROQUE RIOJAS

Dear Irene:

So nice to hear from you. I will send instructions later on how to sign up for a forum account. I just got an email from your dear father and sent off a reply a couple minutes ago.

Thank you for your kind words. It is so easy to love your dad. He is one of the sweetest people I have ever met and it's so easy to be a friend. I happen to think the world of him, and so do many others here on our forum. We consider him family and he will always have a place on our forum and in our hearts.

I of course am so saddened my the loss of your step-mother. I wish I could have known her for a much longer time. Our friendship was much too short. :( I always looked forward to talking with she and Rocky. It left me with a real joy in my heart. You could always feel the love through the phone lines. :heartpump:

God bless you and yours. I hope we shall become friends too. As I said to your father, the fruit doesn't fall far from the tree. If you are anything like your father... And it sounds like you are.

B)

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

May she rest in eternal peace and happiness. My deepest condolences and sympathies to you and the entire family. We will pray for her.

Sincerely!

Jiggersfromsphilly

My deepest sympathies to you and your family from Luxembourg, may she rest in peace.

Martin

Roque,

So very sorry for your loss. Our prayers are with you and your family in your time of sorrow.

You have been like family to us over here in Germany. We will never forget Elizabeth and you will always have a friend if you feel you need to talk.

God bless!

Kyle

Roque,

So very sorry for your loss. Our prayers are with you and your family in your time of sorrow.

You have been like family to us over here in Germany. We will never forget Elizabeth and you will always have a friend if you feel you need to talk.

God bless!

Kyle

Thank you Kyle, There isn't enough words to express my feelings of the way I feel after reading all the above posts. I am in AWE of all the Freinds that I have via the internet. Most of all the 6th Corps Engineers, how you all came to the aid and comfort for an old Infantry, (dogface). If there truly is an Angel on earth, I will have to say the name MARION, Thank you dear for your support. I still hurt but not as much. Except the ache in my heart is there and I don't think it will ever go away, hope it doesn't. Again thank you all and God Bless you. Roque J. Riojas This in memory of my beautiful wife, Elizabeth C. Riojas

Roque, I feel horrible. This is the first that I have noticed this message. You have my condolences. I know what it feels like to lose a loved one. Hang in there and you are in my prayers. Again I am so sorry I didn't notice this sooner.

Brett

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Re-discovering Rocky Riojas - 34th Inf Div? Walt's Daughter 7 9,678 10-25-2018, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Rocky Riojas - 34th Inf Div - latest info Aug 2015 Walt's Daughter 3 4,366 08-23-2015, 10:14 AM
Last Post: CaptO
  Condolences to Ray Repasky and his family Walt's Daughter 0 2,793 07-12-2010, 12:42 PM
  Condolences to the family of Nicholas A Arrigo Walt's Daughter 0 2,643 04-25-2009, 09:33 PM
  It's been a year today since we lost our family's Marine Combat Eng Bill Corwin 2 4,336 08-12-2007, 02:18 PM
  Looking for family of Harlan Holmer - 540th CE Walt's Daughter 0 2,329 08-07-2007, 10:11 AM