Condelences to Rocky and his family

Roque: My deepest sympathy goes out to you for your great loss. But my prayers will continue for both you and her. I was afraid something happened when I recieved no reply to my E mail for 3 days. From our E mails and talking to both of you on the phone I felt like she was a good friend of mine also. She is now in Gods hands and will e in peace. Now I know she wants you to carry on as before as difficult as it is. Joe

Get back to me when you feel able.........

Beautiful poem Chuck. Difficult to read without moist eyes. :unsure:

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"
Rocky....I join all our Engineer Family in offering my deepest sympathy to You and Your Family. AL Kincer

Rocky; I don't have the right words to express my sympathies. This poem helped me through my difficult times , so I pass it on to you. You are in our prayers.

Chuck----WHAT a beautiful poem. I could almost feel her nearness. I want to thank you all,"6thcorpscombatengineers", for your prayers and support. It has meant so very much to me to hear from so many in my time of need and sorrow. Joe, I will write you later. May GOD Bless the 6th corps COMBAT ENGINEERS!! Roque

Rocky, I found this today and am posting it for you and the family.

Elizabeth Castilleja Riojas

Elizabeth Castilleja Riojas of Kansas City, MO, was peacefully taken to her eternal home Monday, October 9, at her home, as she was surrounded by her loved ones. Visitation will be Friday, October 13, from 5-8 p.m. with a Prayer Service at 7 p.m. at First Baptist Church Westside, 801 Cesar Chavez Ave. (W. 23rd St.), Kansas City, MO. Funeral services will be held Saturday, October 14, at 10 a.m. at Mt. Moriah & Freeman Funeral Home, 10507 Holmes Rd., followed by burial in Mt. Moriah Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the Building Fund of First Baptist Church Westside. Liz was born September 19, 1927 in Kansas City, KS and lived in the KC area all of her life. She was a loving wife, mother, grandmother, greatgrandmother and aunt. She worked and retired from the meat industry after several years. Liz was a member of the First Baptist Church Westside where she was lead pianist for 63 years. She also held various offices in the church's WMU and served the Lord in other ways. She belonged to the American Legion Post 699 Ladies Auxiliary, VFW Ladies Auxiliary Post 18 and American GI Forum. She was preceded in death by her parents, Julio and Eloisa Castilleja; brothers, Bernie and Ben Castilleja; sisters, Esther Gonzalez and Lydia Castilleja; daughters, Elizabeth Garcia and Sylvia Mendez; and grandchildren, John Mendez Jr. and Lexie Neperud. She leaves behind her husband, Roque Riojas; daughter, Sally (Rudy) Magana Ramos of Olathe, KS; son, David (Teresa) Magana of Kansas City, MO; brothers, Arthur (Delmy) Castilleja and Pete (Deloris) Castilleja of Kansas City, MO; eight grandchildren; 17 greatgrandchildren; six stepchildren and their spouses; numerous "adopted" grandchildren and many others who loved her like a mother. "He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain for the old order of things has passed away." Revelation 21:4 (Arrangements: Mt. Moriah & Freeman Chapel (816) 942-2004)

If anyone is interested, there is an online guestbook for Elizabeth. Thanks, Marion

http://www.legacy.com/kansascity/GB/Guestb...rsonId=19534766

Marion J Chard

My dear friends at VI Corps:

I have sent a plant and a card from all of us to Rocky and his family. I hope that he will gain some comfort from our words. Thanks to all who took a moment to express their sympathy. Elizabeth was one classy lady and I can say personally it was a real pleasure to know her, if only for a little while.

Marion J Chard

Roque;

My greatest sympathy goes to you and your family.

-Chris

Marion; I recieved the plant this afternoon. It is a beautiful indoor plant.. I have the right place for it. Words cannot express the deep feeling and respect that I have for all you of the 6thcorpscombat engineers. Marion you will always have a special place in my heart. And Chuck your poem is so appropreate, it will be read at the funeral service. Thank you. May GOD Bless all of the 6th Corps Combat Engineers. Roque

Dear Rocky:

I am glad that our plant arrived on time and in good condition. Since I (we) can't be there, we hoped it would remind you of your new family here at VI Corps, and that you would gather some comfort it.

God bless you and keep you. Elizabeth is up there with my dad now and I'm sure they're smiling down on both of us.

We're always here for you. :heartpump:

Marion J Chard

Dear Rocky:

I am glad that our plant arrived on time and in good condition. Since I (we) can't be there, we hoped it would remind you of your new family here at VI Corps, and that you would gather some comfort it.

God bless you and keep you. Elizabeth is up there with my dad now and I'm sure they're smiling down on both of us.

We're always here for you. :heartpump:

Dear Marion; We had over 450 people at the visitation at our church tonite. Some had to be turned back. I got tired of shaking hands huggin and kissing and the poem that Chuck wrote will be read tomorrow at the funeral service by my granddaughter. It's like she is talking to me. Marion again, thank you for the plant and all you combat engineers, THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Re-discovering Rocky Riojas - 34th Inf Div? Walt's Daughter 7 9,899 10-25-2018, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Rocky Riojas - 34th Inf Div - latest info Aug 2015 Walt's Daughter 3 4,456 08-23-2015, 10:14 AM
Last Post: CaptO
  Condolences to Ray Repasky and his family Walt's Daughter 0 2,841 07-12-2010, 12:42 PM
  Condolences to the family of Nicholas A Arrigo Walt's Daughter 0 2,679 04-25-2009, 09:33 PM
  It's been a year today since we lost our family's Marine Combat Eng Bill Corwin 2 4,413 08-12-2007, 02:18 PM
  Looking for family of Harlan Holmer - 540th CE Walt's Daughter 0 2,362 08-07-2007, 10:11 AM