then and now - 3rd Infantry man

heres a then and now pic of this famous picture.

gilles

Gilles Guignard

post-4-1160431370_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   fisher2.jpg (Size: 32.33 KB / Downloads: 0)
Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

now...

post-4-1160431390_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   fisher1.jpg (Size: 23.86 KB / Downloads: 0)
Marion J Chard

Anyone else notice Sgt. Hill ( in the first picture ) resembles Steve McQueen ??

Oh my gosh he DOES! :lol:

Marion J Chard

Marion: the "then and now" picture reminds me of one I put together a few years ago

of the 3rd Div.. However I believe one was taken on May 5'45 not May 4 '45 as shown.

I am quite sure the guy in the very back is Stan Manross from Chester PA... Also not

sure whose "mansion it was" but was one of the big wheels in Obersaltz. I named the set, "Once Again". Only the names faces, time, and places change..

post-4-1162141330_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   OnceAgain.jpg (Size: 60.99 KB / Downloads: 0)

Great photos.

j3rdinf, the two you put up are quite interesting. I like the comparison. The 3rd Division were quite the palace busters weren't they.

I wonder if the 101st rolled into Saddams place on the following day? Maybe we'll see a mini-series in the future that will clear it all up for us... ;)

Onaway that was funny as hell. Love the comparison! :lol::lol:

Marion J Chard

Great photos.

j3rdinf, the two you put up are quite interesting. I like the comparison. The 3rd Division were quite the palace busters weren't they.

I wonder if the 101st rolled into Saddams place on the following day? Maybe we'll see a mini-series in the future that will clear it all up for us... ;)

Hi Joe; Those are nice pics. I never saw nothing like that where I was. You say May '45 ? We were winding up things in Italy around that time. Loss is still hitting me pretty hard. The lonesome feeling is devastating. Ketch me later. Roque

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  History of the U.S. 30th Infantry Regiment moose 13 27,533 07-28-2011, 07:13 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Looking for 34th Infantry veterans Walt's Daughter 4 6,681 02-04-2010, 11:31 AM
Last Post: roque_riojas
  The 34th Infantry Division 133RD Regiment sixgun 11 13,100 11-09-2008, 08:01 PM
Last Post: roque_riojas