All Vets Star Medal

:banghead::banghead:

j3rdinf

Joe what the H**L are you complaining about you got a Cracker Jack Box Medal but Massachusetts gave Generic Diploma tp everybody. It read like this

THE COMMONWEATLTH OF MASSACHUSETTS

In recognizition of the service of

Frederick L. Waggett

IN THE ARMED FORCES OF THE UNITED STATES

Presents this Testiomonial of Esteem and Gratitude for

Faithful Performance of Duties in

WORLD WAR II

Signed: Maurice Tobin Governor

Adjutant General

Whoopee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sgtleo

J3rdinf

Joe what the H**L are you complaining about . You at least got a Cracker Jack Box Medal but all we got was a 5 by 7 Generic Diploma that read as follows:-

I recognizition of the service of

Frederick L. Waggett

WORLD WAR II

?????????????? Adjutant General

Sgtleo :pdt33::pdt33:

Dad told me there was two line. I f you wanted your medals ,you had to stand in the line to the right....If you wanted to go home , stand in the line to the left.....Dad didn'get his medals. ;)

Chris

J3rdinf

Joe what the H**L are you complaining about . You at least got a Cracker Jack Box Medal but all we got was a 5 by 7 Generic Diploma that read as follows:-

I recognizition of the service of

Frederick L. Waggett

WORLD WAR II

?????????????? Adjutant General

Sgtleo :pdt33::pdt33:

Sgt. Leo;; I got one them them from the state of Missouri, INCLUDING A MEDAL! BIG DEAL! They are both stuck in a drawer. Hey Joe, I tried to get a cup of coffee with them, the watress said, they are purrty but you need a buck and a dime for coffee.;l Rocky

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Phony medal wearers and phony medals:-

When my brother's destroyer returned from the Invasion of North Africa they were given their Medal Ribbons before going on shore leave. They were one of the first ships that returned because of repairs. They were in close enough to support the ground troops that were being pushed back by tanks so they used their ships guns to wreck a couple and drove the rest off. Took some small arms fire on their ship's superstructure.

Walking across the pier in the Brooklyn, NY Navy Yard, they saw a bunch of very young sailors with the very same Medal Ribbons so they asked what ship they were from. Are you ready for this????

The young guys had BOUGHT them at the ship's stores (like our PX).

One of the older Gunners' Mates pushed one of them off the pier into the harbor. as they continued on their way to NYC.

Sgtleo :direct:

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Phony medal wearers and phony medals:-

When my brother's destroyer returned from the Invasion of North Africa they were given their Medal Ribbons before going on shore leave. They were one of the first ships that returned because of repairs. They were in close enough to support the ground troops that were being pushed back by tanks so they used their ships guns to wreck a couple and drove the rest off. Took some small arms fire on their ship's superstructure.

Walking across the pier in the Brooklyn, NY Navy Yard, they saw a bunch of very young sailors with the very same Medal Ribbons so that asked what ship they were from. Are you ready for this????

The young guys had BOUGHT them at the ship's stores (like our PX).

One of the older Gunners' Mates pushed one of them off the pier into the harbor. as they continued on their way to NYC.

Sgtleo :direct:

SHOULDA PUSHED ALL OF THEM!!!!!!!! R

Kinda looks like a complete agreement here. Take these new ones and "shove them".

Very few are really worthwhile but these few are quite worthwhile to me. The ohers are meaningless and just pieces of "tin"..

Kinda looks like a complete agreement here. Take these new ones and "shove them".

Very few are really worthwhile but these few are quite worthwhile to me. The ohers are meaningless and just pieces of "tin"..

Big Roger on that Joe!!!!!!! I'm hanging in there Joe. Roque

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OLDER VETS TO POST 9-11 VETS Walt's Daughter 0 3,770 11-25-2012, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Attention Michigan Vets - Voice of Warriors Walt's Daughter 0 3,618 05-01-2012, 06:42 PM
  Giving Back to Vets Walt's Daughter 0 3,844 06-23-2010, 02:43 PM
  Pets for Vets Walt's Daughter 0 3,377 05-18-2010, 06:44 PM
  Vets Eat Free at Applebees on Veteran's Day Walt's Daughter 1 4,384 10-20-2009, 09:57 PM
Last Post: roque_riojas
  Obama plans to make vets bill their OWN insurance arve 7 8,990 03-23-2009, 04:12 PM
Last Post: roque_riojas
  Knitting for WWII Vets: Knit your Bit civilwargal 2 4,934 11-14-2007, 09:10 PM
Last Post: civilwargal
  Muskegon M1 for Vets Match Walt's Daughter 0 2,892 08-07-2007, 07:38 AM
  VA urges vets to wear medals on Vets Day Walt's Daughter 4 6,028 11-10-2006, 06:34 PM
  Amer Legion vets day Newmanstown PA Walt's Daughter 0 2,795 10-29-2006, 06:20 PM