All Vets Star Medal

Received this last week:

Please find attached details of the new Veterans Star medal which is for all former servicemen all over the world. Please tell all your friends about this medal. The flyer also includes details of other items of interest.

Regards

Alan Logan

www.fisherpattonandtheredbaron.co.uk

VETERANS_STAR_and_other_items.pdf

Attached Files
.pdf   VETERANS_STAR_and_other_items.pdf (Size: 91.11 KB / Downloads: 0)
Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

:direct::direct:

Playing Intel Role again. Did they by chance mention what follows. No free lunch!!

THE VETERANS’ STAR

This medal can be worn by all veterans of the armed forces throughout the world.

It is a bronze starburst cross with a circular inscription on the front saying:-

“For Military Serviceâ€. It has a maroon ribbon. All Veterans’ Stars are mounted. Currently taking orders for Christmas".

Medals available later this year.

This medal will be produced in very limited quantities.

Full size medal is £39.50 plus p+p OR TYPICAL BANK RATE = $73.802 Dollars

Miniature medal is £19.50 plus p+p OR TYPICAL BANK RATE =$36.433 Dollars

NOTA BENE (As my Legal friends say)

We are military outfitters and provide a full medal mounting and refurbishment service.

Sgtleo :pdt33::pdt33:

Just what we need. Another damn medal issued for just what purpose?? And at THAT

amount of money? No thanks. Would rather buy a jug of Jack Daniels.

I had to post that here. Knew it would get some strong reactions. As both of you said, oh boy another medal. Hell, maybe they even throw in some Ginsu Knives. But wait there more... :lol::lol::lol:

Marion J Chard

:direct: Something is rotten in Denmark. Our ordinary medals cost $4-6 dollars. $60 bucks sounds like a scam ...AL I'll wait til' they issue it. :pdt33:

alkincer:-

I took the time to look them up and they are a commercial vendor of military stuff and are located in the UK. If you notice they quoted the prices in pounds so that when I made the bank conversion rate the price went sky high.

I correspond with several people in the UK on Genealogical matters and this is a thing that I was told to be on the lookout for when buying anything in the UK.

The rate of exchange varies from day to day but it is running somewhere around this:- an Brit amount of .657 pence is worth about 1.58+/- dollars. There are companies over there that run plane loads of people to the US to purchase goods that they cannot afford to buy over there however they can and do buy them due to the exchange rate(s) over here.

There are a couple of hotels in Boston that cater to the Brits on weekend buying trips there are so many jumping the pond as they put it.

Sgtleo :banghead:

I hear ya. Costly and what possible meaning can that medal have to you guys? Zip, nadda, zilch!!!

Marion J Chard

Kind of reminds me of back a bit when NJ issued the Distinguised Service medal for combat. My wife sent in to get it for me. Was notified to be at a nearby place for presentation. I politely told them to send it if they wished to. Was not going there.

They sent it. This medal and a nickle (or now $1.00) will get you a cup of coffee.

They sent a ribbon, medal and a certiicate. At least it was free.

post-28-1160693112_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   njcitation.jpg (Size: 90.53 KB / Downloads: 0)

Just what we need. Another damn medal issued for just what purpose?? And at THAT

amount of money? No thanks. Would rather buy a jug of Jack Daniels.

JOE; I'M WITH YOU 100% Two old dogfaces with the same idea!!!!!! Rocky A MEDAL YOU DON'T BUY IT.........YOU EARN IT...........

I am with you guys. As for me no thanks.

Parker

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OLDER VETS TO POST 9-11 VETS Walt's Daughter 0 3,769 11-25-2012, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Attention Michigan Vets - Voice of Warriors Walt's Daughter 0 3,617 05-01-2012, 06:42 PM
  Giving Back to Vets Walt's Daughter 0 3,844 06-23-2010, 02:43 PM
  Pets for Vets Walt's Daughter 0 3,376 05-18-2010, 06:44 PM
  Vets Eat Free at Applebees on Veteran's Day Walt's Daughter 1 4,383 10-20-2009, 09:57 PM
Last Post: roque_riojas
  Obama plans to make vets bill their OWN insurance arve 7 8,987 03-23-2009, 04:12 PM
Last Post: roque_riojas
  Knitting for WWII Vets: Knit your Bit civilwargal 2 4,933 11-14-2007, 09:10 PM
Last Post: civilwargal
  Muskegon M1 for Vets Match Walt's Daughter 0 2,892 08-07-2007, 07:38 AM
  VA urges vets to wear medals on Vets Day Walt's Daughter 4 6,025 11-10-2006, 06:34 PM
  Amer Legion vets day Newmanstown PA Walt's Daughter 0 2,795 10-29-2006, 06:20 PM