Major Winters honorary citizen Eindhoven

Major Winters honorary citizen of Eindhoven :pdt34:

During the September 18, 2006 celebrations, in remembrance of the liberation of Eindhoven, Major Winters was awarded with the Medal of the City of Eindhoven.

A very unique award that is only given to very few people.

In this award, all the men of E Company, 506 PIR, 101st Airborne Division, also known as "Band of Brothers" and all Allied soldiers who were involved in the liberation of Eindhoven and the surrounding region, are honoured too.

During the commemoration 4 Easy Co. veterans were present in Eindhoven: Bill Guarnere, Babe Heffron, Don Malarkey and Paul Rogers.

The certificate and golden pin that goes with this Award will be handed over in person to Major Winters later on this year in the US, by the Mayor of the City of Eindhoven, Drs. A.Sakkers.

The news of the Award was brought to Major Winters in a direct phone call to his home in Hershey, witnessed by all people present at the Town Hall square in Eindhoven.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Lennon sent me this link:

http://members.lycos.nl/bandofbrotherse506...rs%20engels.htm

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Here's the video of the phonecall with Winters . You see Bill and Babe in front ..

http://video.google.nl/videoplay?docid=826...173645371734629

That was a very heartfelt gesture!! You hear the emotion in his voice as he was talking.

These people overhere will never forget!!!!

Kyle

That was a very heartfelt gesture!! You hear the emotion in his voice as he was talking.

These people overhere will never forget!!!!

Kyle

Roger on that,Kyle. Did you ever get the book I sent you? I sent it about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Let me know if you have it, I do hope it didn''t get lost. Roque