How do us "old critters" spend the day

I know that Roque is well into his 34th Div Association, I know Sgt. Leo has a enouth to do in caring for his wife and God bless both of them. And than God for them both. Although I am a little lucky so far, even with some short hospital stays, legs that dont function too well, pacemaker implant, and just damn old age, I got interested in deer a

few years ago and am making a study of them. Outside of shooting (targets) which is

also a hobby, rifle, pistol, and shotgun (skeet and trap) it keeps me quite busy. Again,

luckily my backyard is on the edge of a woods where deer abound and I started feeding them. Bought a electric ATV (all terrain Vehicle) which now gives me access to the woodlands so I can now access the back woods. My life has now opened up again and

am free to roam for the past year on it. Thanks to the digital cameras I can take wildlife

pictures, and closeup pics in my back yard at my leisure. Many hundreds of pics which

give much info and enjoyment in different seasions. Sure, I go through about 250 lbs

of deer food plus salt licks and cracked corn each month, but a small price to pay for

the enjoyment myself and my wife get from it. Really, just how much T.V. can one

watch.

post-13-1158966528_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   sept1806.jpg (Size: 82.71 KB / Downloads: 0)

Speaking of deer, Joe I went on a short trip to Canaan Valley Resort yesterday and just got back a little bit ago. The deer were EVERYWHERE!!!! Just munching on grass right in front of the lodge. They'll come up and eat right from your hand. I've got several photos, I'll get to posting them here in a couple days.

Brooke

I know that Roque is well into his 34th Div Association, I know Sgt. Leo has a enouth to do in caring for his wife and God bless both of them. And than God for them both. Although I am a little lucky so far, even with some short hospital stays, legs that dont function too well, pacemaker implant, and just damn old age, I got interested in deer a

few years ago and am making a study of them. Outside of shooting (targets) which is

also a hobby, rifle, pistol, and shotgun (skeet and trap) it keeps me quite busy. Again,

luckily my backyard is on the edge of a woods where deer abound and I started feeding them. Bought a electric ATV (all terrain Vehicle) which now gives me access to the woodlands so I can now access the back woods. My life has now opened up again and

am free to roam for the past year on it. Thanks to the digital cameras I can take wildlife

pictures, and closeup pics in my back yard at my leisure. Many hundreds of pics which

give much info and enjoyment in different seasions. Sure, I go through about 250 lbs

of deer food plus salt licks and cracked corn each month, but a small price to pay for

the enjoyment myself and my wife get from it. Really, just how much T.V. can one

watch.

Joe, I envy you and am awful glad that you have all the wide open spaces to roam around in. You indeed are fortunate. I guess to all of us, old age brings a lot of unforseen things. I just got hit with some very bad news. My wife Elizabeth, just found out that she has lung cancer. I am taking her tomorrow,Monday to the Oncologist to see what kind of treatment she is going to have. But I have faith in the LORD, that his will be done. Joe keep enjoying yourself and keep me posted.

The reunion went wonderful. The first day at start of the meeting I was sworn in as acting President and the next day I was elected and sworn in again as President. Keep in touch Joe. God Bless, Roque

Keep up the faith Roque... you both will be in all our prayers

Chris

Rocky, I am back and of course Elizabeth has been in my thoughts and prayers for the last week. I am glad she liked the card I sent. It wasn't much and I wish I could do more, but know that I am constantly thinking of you both.

:heartpump::heartpump:

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Rocky

You and your wife are in my prayers and thoughts also.

Nancy

Roque: My prayers go out to you both. Know what you are going through as my wife

is also a cancer survivor from 7 years ago. Just E mailed you. Joe

Roque-

I have walked down the same road with my own wife and my prayers are most certainly with you both. God will give you the strength to do whatever needs to be done, and there are some very promising cancer treatments these days. God Bless you and your dear wife.

Jim

After reading all the above threads I consider myself a very fortunate person, to have freinds like all of you. I took Elizabeth to the Oncologist today and the result is, she does have lung cancer,slightly advanced. Tomorrow I am taking her for a katscan of her head, don't ask how come, cause I don't know. Chemotherapy treatments will start later this week. Joe sent me an e-mail that I printed and showed it to her to read. She perked up after that. She will read all the above and maybe she will jitterbug!!!!! I have been in some bad situations but this one is the roughest. Thank you all for your prayers and may Almighty GOD hear them and smille on her. Maid Marion my best to you. Rocky

Rocky and Elizabeth:

Good friends stick with each other not only through good times, but in bad and rough times too. You can always count on us. If nothing else, we will be on the sidelines as your cheerleaders and for moral support and most importantly, smiles and hugs. They have found those to be the most medicinal. So here's a ton!

:pal::pal::pal::pal::D:D:D:D:pal::pal::D:D:heartpump::heartpump::heartpump:

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"