A Home town Boy!!

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

A Home Town Boy:-

We had a guy that was continually homesick and going through a small town in Normandy he saw a Jeep with RED B-D-S letters painted across a metal plate on the radiator. "Be right back Sgt" he yelled to me and said "the rest of the word B-O-S-T-O-N" must have worn off.

Before I could stop him he got close to the jeep and I hear the words "Fire in the Hole" and just about that time there was a humongous explosion. and fortunatley he fell in a hole in the terrain. A good example of a conditioned reflex action!!

He came running back as white as a sheet and asked me "what the hell was that??"

I explained to him he hadn't been around long enough to know that the RED B-D-S meant Bomb Disposal Squad and they were exploding ordinance dropped by the AirCorps.

Last time he went looking for home town buddies!! :pdt::pdt:

Sgtleo

Super! Next time I hear the word "Boston" I may hit the dirt and prepare for incoming. Ah, more humor in uniform, Sarge!

:pdt12::pdt12:

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Ah, speaking of incoming fire. I was at a slow time during work one day this week and I was reading a newspaper article about a bridge in a nearby county being named after a Vietnam MOH recipient. So I looked him up on the web and read about his citation.

They are building a huge intersection about a mile from my office and are doing blasting from time to time.

I really wish they wouldn't blow stuff up when I'm reading stuff like that.

Brooke

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WWII home movies 552nd Ordnance Tank Repair Co. 1944-45 sixgun 1 4,087 02-25-2011, 02:16 PM
Last Post: rennog
  Invasion Hero Home Tells... Walt's Daughter 0 2,771 02-21-2011, 09:28 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  CZECH TOWN SAYS 'THANK YOU' IN 1945 afc7883 5 8,003 02-03-2009, 04:56 PM
Last Post: Dogdaddy