Other WWII forums

Hey Leo and Joe:

Man there are some very vindictive people on the OTHER forums, that shall remain nameless. Was reading some posts from some others tonight, and WHOA Nelly, there are some nasties out there. Even when the moderators jumped in, they kept taking their swipes. Well I promise that won't happen here, or if it ever does, I will step in and take action. OUCH!!! :pdt40: Two especially were pretty cutting on your take on WWII.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Yep, I've noticed this. That's why I spend so much time here. I don't know why they put up with such crap. Especially the veterans. I would tell them all to piss off.

Brooke

Marion: That forum is not really that bad. Just two that are the snipers and neither

does much/any worthwhile posting, just sniping at everone. I guess both myself and

the Sarge (Fred) are both able to, and thick skined enougth to counter any of the attacks. Most of the guys are great, WW2 vets, Vets of any era, and those wanting

true facts that History doesnt cover. To these, we try to post actual true facts as we

saw them and lived them day to day . I feel our postings are well taken by most and appreciated. We know we wont be around too much longer but we wish to impart some

true and actual facts for those who wish to learn and hear them. Even though we sometimes have to defend ourselves from " the snipers". As the Sarge once said, "constructive critisivism is O.K. but dont nit-pick".. By the way, check out their "profiles? ". One is not from this country and never served, and one "claims" to be a

Vet, yet no true name or details about service.

Well glad to hear that Joe. Ya, you'll always get a few. There are people in the world who just can't stand it if they can't have the last word. I think it's basically an insecurity issue. Spouting off makes them feel more important. Oh well.

Happy that you can impart your knowledge to others. I know everyone here appreciates your posts. I certainly do! :pdt34:

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"