Dogfaces Who Smiled Through Tears

No I didn't know Chaplain Hoffman, I did hear of him, I think he was at Regt. HQ

and he was busy at the AID stations and Field Hospitals. The only ones I knew

were the guys in my platoon. HQ. Co. 1st Bn. 135th. Roque

Thanks Rocky for answering my question. All the guys he talks about in the book seem like great fellows.

Here's another good line:

Many units would have given up but it appeared the Red Bull men would continue to carry the fight to the enemy until all they had left were cooks and administrrative personnel to throw pots, pans and typewriters at the enemy.

Brooke

Thanks Rocky for answering my question. All the guys he talks about in the book seem like great fellows.

Here's another good line:

Many units would have given up but it appeared the Red Bull men would continue to carry the fight to the enemy until all they had left were cooks and administrrative personnel to throw pots, pans and typewriters at the enemy.

Brooke

BROOKE**********THAT'S A ROGER*** Cooks and anyone that was just standing around suddenly had an M-1 in his hands. 1st Bn. 135th Rocky

Tried several time to reach Mr. Gordon via e-mail with no success. I used the e-mail that Marion listed. Is that correct?

Help!

Kyle

I believe he changed his email address and in fact, the email addy they had for a long time on his site is WRONG. Oh dear! :wacko:

I believe they finally changed it and the new one is: jlg34d@msn.com

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Tried several time to reach Mr. Gordon via e-mail with no success. I used the e-mail that Marion listed. Is that correct?

Help!

Kyle

Kyle; I just e-mailed Jerry and told him about you, he better have a book. He does. Roque

I sent a check on Sept. 17th but still waiting to receive the book. I know it will arrive, but I am getting anxious to read it! :D

Jim :woof:

Thanks all for the help. I will get ahold of him today!!!!

Kyle

Yahoo! My copy arrived today!!!

Jim :D

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tears of Darkness Walt's Daughter 0 3,185 09-18-2009, 08:19 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter