Need advice on CIB

Perhaps some of the Combat Engineers that were awarded the CIB could explain just how they fulfilled the requirements needed. Also, have you tried to have his discharge ammended to show the CIB and BSM.??

Joe:

I have not tried to have it amended yet. I will do so, but am waiting to get copies of all the reports from NARA first. Maybe if I can find out info from after-action reports, etc., it may just give me what I'm looking for.

Thank you for the suggestion and for taking the time to reply.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Marion: Just a oddball idea, but his pay record, with the $10.00 a month stipend for the CIB should possibly show somewhere after being awarded the CIB. Matter of fact, I never noticed my CIB was not on my discharge (although awarded it) until about 15 years or so later. Wrote to St. Louis MO for reissue of medals when lost and CIB did not come with other medals. Wrote again and reminded them my pay record ALSO would show this CIB. They sent my CIB and the BSM and a ammendment to my discharge showing both. And I was Infantry all my time in ETO. Mistakes can be always be made, but remidied. Keep trying.

Thanks for your support. It is greatly appreciated Joe. I shall try that. And no, I won't take no for an answer. Ain't that right all you that know me? :D

Big hugs to ya Joe! :heartpump:

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advice from a friend Walt's Daughter 2 6,498 03-10-2009, 06:01 PM
Last Post: chucktoo