New 101st site?

But we know that YOU wouldn't do that. NEVER!!!

That is why so many people are interested in this site. It is open for everyone.

Until you ask Marion an embarrasing question!!!!!!

LOL :lol:

Okay, plug away Jiggs... :lol::lol:

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Okay, plug away Jiggs... :lol::lol:

If I wasn't a married man , I say that sounded like an invitation?????

:lol::lol: Oh my Gosh, I think we'll have to call another moderator in to keep tabs on us. Hey Lennon, I think we need supervision. :lol::lol::wave2:
Marion J Chard

HMM.,, Talking about WW II, I kinda think I wuz there.

Didn't do much like The Band of Brothers.

But no other outfits were hardly mentioned.

This is what is a shame. It's great that a unit gets their due recognition and the 101st definitely should get theirs for what they did and went through at Bastogne, but what happens is so many others failed to get mentioned and become lost in the haze...

But that is why sites like this and others are so important. They show and give credit to the ground pounders, engineers, and other who played vital roles in WWII, not only at the Battle of the Bulge, but in all the campaigns from '41-45.

All of us need to educate the public and make them aware of the larger scale.

And that is one reason I gravitated to this site and enjoy it so much. It is so obvious that it was started (and is) run by a person who has deep love and respect for ALL the vets, and I can relate to that. I like to hear about regular "Willie and Joe" type guys that we all know in our own hometowns. Each and every one is a bonified Hero to me. That means the "ground pounders, engineers, mechanics and truck drivers" that all had a part in the great victories of WWII, as well as suffering the losses.

:drinkin: Here's to You Guys!

:woof: Dogdaddy

WOOOFF ;) Agreed Jim

:woof: Daddy and all:

Thanks. Yes, even though the site was created for engineers, I do enjoy hearing from ALL. Hey they all worked in tandem. No unit worked alone. They all filled in where they were needed. The infantry worked with engineers. The airborne troops walked with armored. The cooks fed all the troops. It's one big jigsaw puzzle with everyone making it function as ONE BIG UNIT. I agree, they were all important.

No one will be shunned or ignored on our site. Right guys? No snobbery here.

I'll share one thing with you this morning. I went to a site a few weeks ago. It's a spin off of another WWII forum that I would go to from time to time. Okay I thought, new beginning, let's see how this one goes. It's a general forum, so...

Anyway thought they would like to know about the article that just got published in WWII Magazine. So I told them all about it and NOTTHING. Not one reply. Absolutely no interest.

Can you imagine if a new person or heck, a current member of our forum told you guys the same news? Do you think it would be ignored here? NO! I felt very belittled. I will never go back. Even though the forum is a new one, the same people followed over and have their own little clique. I felt like, who the hell does SHE think SHE is? :unsure::(

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest. I'm only human and it really hurt my feelings. :unsure:

Marion J Chard

Marion,

That's quite understandable (that your feelings were hurt) given the time & energy you devote to your research. Rest assured that all of us here are very proud of you personally for getting that article published, and we look forward to your future journalistic success as well. :pdt34:

This site has been an introduction to me as far as the many accomplishments of the WWII Engineers, and created a new area of interest as well. Unfortunately, I do not often come across anything new related to engineers that I can share here, so I contribute what I can in the "Anything WWII" section. I love all the Vets that contribute here as they remind me of my late father (a WWII sailor) as well as most of the WWII vets here in Ellensburg that I have had the pleasure to meet.

:woof: Jim

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Crash site memorial - Op Husky 1943. colinhotham 2 3,480 11-29-2010, 12:41 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Battle of the Bulge Memories - new site Walt's Daughter 1 2,696 05-03-2010, 07:55 AM
Last Post: Jeeper704
  Attending 101st Luncheon - 11-15-2009 Walt's Daughter 14 10,908 11-20-2009, 09:37 AM
  New 101st ABD Memorial in Bastogne gbuscg 3 4,473 09-28-2008, 07:48 AM
Last Post: Jeeper704
  Battle of the Bulge - 87th and 101st Walt's Daughter 3 69,509 09-05-2007, 03:37 PM
  Nice to see our site! Walt's Daughter 0 1,808 09-04-2007, 04:35 PM
  Great weapons site Walt's Daughter 9 7,666 05-23-2007, 09:55 PM
Last Post: Dogdaddy
  George Koskimaki 101st Airborne Walt's Daughter 5 8,037 03-22-2006, 09:57 PM
Last Post: chucktoo1926
  From the Dick Winters site Walt's Daughter 11 9,925 02-03-2006, 04:16 PM
  Norm Neitzke - 101st Airborne Walt's Daughter 0 2,978 12-22-2005, 08:18 PM