New 101st site?

I've been informed by a few different people this week about a new site that has been started regarding Easy Co, 506th PIR, 101st Airborne. Seems there is a lot of controversy regarding the men and the motives behind this site.

As far as I understand at this point, many of the vets who are members of the 101st, are upset by this latest venture. Some see it as another money-making venture and do not support or back up this latest organization.

http://www.menofeasycompany.com/home/index...x.php?page_id=8

I feel it is my duty to inform and keep you up-to-date. It is up to you to draw your own conclusions, but I always make sure that things are brought to light. We will see how this unfolds.

I plan on writing to a few of my 101st vet friends to get their personal opinions.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Yeah, I saw this over on the WBG forum. My main beef was with the "Webmaster" because after repeated requests he wouldn't even tell us his real name!!

Ehhh..... kinda fishy to me.

Brooke

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe there were some 16,000,000 American Veterans who took part in the Victory in WWII. I find it disheartening that the vast majority of those who are still living will never see another dime for the part they played in that victory. Since "Band of Brothers" first aired, this one particular unit seems to be getting most of the accolades and almost all the financial rewards. To me this is the greater tragedy here, and this has been bothering me for some time. I think all Veterans deserve more for what they did. It's a real shame that things have turned out this way.

Jim

I won't even begin! Let the buyer beware!

Seems sad, but I guess WWII vets and their families aren't exempt from trying to milk folks. Ya, I know; you'd hope it would BE different.

Also, I agree that ALL WWII vets should be honored regardless of their division, etc. As many people say and said, Easy Co, did their job and proudly, but they didn't win the war by themselves. Even the men from the 101st that I know, will tell ya the same thing.

Marion J Chard

I see that Papa Art has asked a reasonable question. I wonder if they will answer it?

I seem to be lost, where is the question?

Brooke

Ya Jiggs, from what you told me, posts on their site keep disappearing. That seems a pretty crappy way to run a forum. Let's see, I don't like your question; hit the delete key... Says a lot doesn't it? :pdt33:

Marion J Chard

The folks running it have already pissed off the people they should be trying to reach. It doesn't seem like their goals and purposes have honor, if they show no respect for the people who would support them.

John Wannamaker said it best over a hundred years ago.

"The customer is always right!"

W.C. Fields

"Never give a sucker and even break"

I think they operate under the second quotation!

Hang Tough!

Ya Jiggs, from what you told me, posts on their site keep disappearing. That seems a pretty crappy way to run a forum. Let's see, I don't like your question; hit the delete key... Says a lot doesn't it? :pdt33:

Although they created a good site. The way they are working is so unrespectful. They used other people to create there own network to get in contact with the E-com. vets. The people they have used before have been putted aside, even without to say thank you.

Frank

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Crash site memorial - Op Husky 1943. colinhotham 2 3,481 11-29-2010, 12:41 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Battle of the Bulge Memories - new site Walt's Daughter 1 2,699 05-03-2010, 07:55 AM
Last Post: Jeeper704
  Attending 101st Luncheon - 11-15-2009 Walt's Daughter 14 10,916 11-20-2009, 09:37 AM
  New 101st ABD Memorial in Bastogne gbuscg 3 4,475 09-28-2008, 07:48 AM
Last Post: Jeeper704
  Battle of the Bulge - 87th and 101st Walt's Daughter 3 69,512 09-05-2007, 03:37 PM
  Nice to see our site! Walt's Daughter 0 1,808 09-04-2007, 04:35 PM
  Great weapons site Walt's Daughter 9 7,673 05-23-2007, 09:55 PM
Last Post: Dogdaddy
  George Koskimaki 101st Airborne Walt's Daughter 5 8,037 03-22-2006, 09:57 PM
Last Post: chucktoo1926
  From the Dick Winters site Walt's Daughter 11 9,935 02-03-2006, 04:16 PM
  Norm Neitzke - 101st Airborne Walt's Daughter 0 2,981 12-22-2005, 08:18 PM