New 101st site?

You are right Frank, It is an attractive site, but none the less it is a duplication of many other's hard work efforts to honor the men. They have posted pictures taken by some family members and friends that give the impression that they have the blessing of all members of Easy. None could be farther from the truth. There are pictures of Bill and Babe on their tour with WW2 Tours from 2004. It gives the impression that the new site ran the trip. Again misinformation. Most people won't check the sources, they will just look and assume. Not a very trustworthy group behind this.

You are right Frank, It is an attractive site, but none the less it is a duplication of many other's hard work efforts to honor the men. They have posted pictures taken by some family members and friends that give the impression that they have the blessing of all members of Easy. None could be farther from the truth. There are pictures of Bill and Babe on their tour with WW2 Tours from 2004. It gives the impression that the new site ran the trip. Again misinformation. Most people won't check the sources, they will just look and assume. Not a very trustworthy group behind this.

I have met one of the webmasters before. He was a friendly guy, perhaps too friendly? Is there anything that someone can do from stopping them? Sometimes I have used pictures from the internet for our own site. I know that this is wrong and we stopped. Those were pictures which were made during the war. It was never my intention to give people the idea that I have those pictures. But the pictures of our battlefield trips are all selfmade, as you can see that we are standing nearby or behind the veterans.

Yes, the 101 A.B. fought a good war. However from Marions posting of casualty figures

and days of combat in Europe it makes one wonder. No Airborne Div had near the

figures of one hell of a lot of the just plain Infantry divisions. Along with the false claim

in B.O.B. of capturing Berchestgaden also makes one wonder. I wonder if they will ever admit to it ??? As Recon 3-7-I once posted "evidentally if it wasnt done by the Rangers, Airborne, or "special troops" it wasnt done". Believe it or not guys, a small bit of the war was won by regular ground pounders. In fact, one hell of a lot of it. I just

wonder how many other soldiers were at Bastone when they got their name in fame?

But no other outfits were hardly mentioned.

But no other outfits were hardly mentioned.

This is what is a shame. It's great that a unit gets their due recognition and the 101st definitely should get theirs for what they did and went through at Bastogne, but what happens is so many others failed to get mentioned and become lost in the haze...

But that is why sites like this and others are so important. They show and give credit to the ground pounders, engineers, and other who played vital roles in WWII, not only at the Battle of the Bulge, but in all the campaigns from '41-45.

All of us need to educate the public and make them aware of the larger scale.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

I see that Papa Art has asked a reasonable question. I wonder if they will answer it?

Well according to Jiggs, they DID DELETE Papa Art's post. Now that's a rotten shame. It's not as though he were beligerent. He asked a legitimate question, and was ignored. No he wasn't ignored he was banished! :pdt33:

Marion J Chard

I hope that Art will weigh in with his experience?

They claim that they are going to preserve and teach about Easy Company.

WHAT OTHER COMPANY has has a HALF A DOZEN books and a 12 HOUR MINI SERIES MADE ABOUT THEM!

ART asked "How many other companies in the 101st?

A reasonable question , by all means. But the arrogance and greed that drives this new creation , could not tollerate the supposed aspersion it cast.

Ya, that would be like me deleting all posts from vets that weren't related to engineers.

Marion J Chard

Yes, I also was "banished" from one of the 101 A.B. sites a few years ago. Seemed

like I asked too many intellegent but embarassing questions and posted some embarassing facts with big name quotes about one supposed battle? of theirs.

Ya, that would be like me deleting all posts from vets that weren't related to engineers.

But we know that YOU wouldn't do that. NEVER!!!

That is why so many people are interested in this site. It is open for everyone.

But we know that YOU wouldn't do that. NEVER!!!

That is why so many people are interested in this site. It is open for everyone.

Until you ask Marion an embarrasing question!!!!!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Crash site memorial - Op Husky 1943. colinhotham 2 3,526 11-29-2010, 12:41 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Battle of the Bulge Memories - new site Walt's Daughter 1 2,737 05-03-2010, 07:55 AM
Last Post: Jeeper704
  Attending 101st Luncheon - 11-15-2009 Walt's Daughter 14 11,105 11-20-2009, 09:37 AM
  New 101st ABD Memorial in Bastogne gbuscg 3 4,541 09-28-2008, 07:48 AM
Last Post: Jeeper704
  Battle of the Bulge - 87th and 101st Walt's Daughter 3 69,578 09-05-2007, 03:37 PM
  Nice to see our site! Walt's Daughter 0 1,832 09-04-2007, 04:35 PM
  Great weapons site Walt's Daughter 9 7,807 05-23-2007, 09:55 PM
Last Post: Dogdaddy
  George Koskimaki 101st Airborne Walt's Daughter 5 8,111 03-22-2006, 09:57 PM
Last Post: chucktoo1926
  From the Dick Winters site Walt's Daughter 11 10,087 02-03-2006, 04:16 PM
  Norm Neitzke - 101st Airborne Walt's Daughter 0 3,009 12-22-2005, 08:18 PM