The Secret Camera

Did you guys see the story about the secret camera in WWII magazine this month?

I read that this afternoon during lunch and I ran straight to the computer to read more about this fellow only to find that he passed away in May of 2005. He didn't live to see his article in the magazine. So sad.

Just another grim reminder that these fellows are fading away.

Brooke

Yes I did read that (of course only after reading mine first :lol: ), but seriously it was a great story. There is also book for sale:

https://store.primediamags.com/shop/thehist...uct/pm_id/11075

It's always sad when a vet such as himself, doesn't live to see their story told in the magazine. :(

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Yep, Marion. Yours was the first thing I read, too. It's not every day I can say I know a real life writer!!

In regards to the book, I am always finding books I want and placing them on a list. Funny how the list keeps growing, but my cash isn't .... <_<

Brooke

Brooke: The book list. Oh I have one of those too. Yes, it keeps growing and ever now and then I must have a book. Finally broke down and bought one the other day. I said, dang it, I'm not waiting any longer and indulged myself. It was a bit pricey because it was old, but... :pdt20:

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WWII captain's secret mission Walt's Daughter 1 3,018 10-05-2017, 01:46 PM
Last Post: CaptO
  Secret footage unearthed of American troops practising Normandy invasion ricklind 1 3,043 02-25-2009, 08:59 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Gibraltar Vet Discusses Secret Lair Walt's Daughter 0 1,787 04-11-2007, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  secret WWII disaster Walt's Daughter 1 98,668 04-05-2005, 11:33 AM
Last Post: Custermen