Bennett Palmer

I've had the pleasure of getting to know Bennett J Palmer Sr, of the 36th Infantry Division and author of the book, The Hunter and the Hunted - A Combat Soldier's Story. We've exchanged a few emails and today I received a wonderful package with several documents and a signed copy of his book. Ah, some good reading for these cold winter nights. Started his book late this afternoon and am already finding it an enjoyable read.

Rifleman, 1st Platoon, Co B, 1st Battalion, 143rd RGT, 36th Division. He fought in Italy, France and Germany and was on the front 23 months and wounded twice.

OrderHunterHunted.jpg

BennettPalmer18.jpg

BennettPalmerItaly.jpg

If you are interested in ordering Bennett Palmer's book, click on the link below for a printable form.

Order the Hunter and the Hunted - Bennett Palmer Sr

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Hi,

Thanks for a link , wonderfull site.

Merci, Gerome

The link isn't working for me, and your photos are little red X's.

Hummm.........

Brooke

Just go to his page..

http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/Ben...nnettPalmer.htm

Marion J Chard

Ohh...... he's passed away. :(

Just a grim reminder that we are all here for only a short while. We must enjoy one another while we can.

Brooke

Yes, I have to admit that when he died I cried on and off for about three weeks. He was my FIRST loss on the site. It hit hard. He had sent me so many personal letters and in one he said, "I love you!" Only later did I find out how special that was. When I later got in contact with his granddaughter, she had told me that he always had a very hard time expressing his feelings. After I heard that I found out how lucky I was to hear, "I Love You." I will never, ever forget that...

:wub:

Marion J Chard

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  7th Army images - General Charles Day Palmer's - The Horrors Of The Nazi Retreat Walt's Daughter 0 3,296 08-24-2015, 01:45 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter