Cletus J Shelton - 82nd Airborne

Stephanie, this is for you. Right now I am going to place these on the forum. Someday I would like to create a page on the mainsite for him. I hope others will see this and will be able to provide you with more info. :pdt34:

dear marion and art here is a picture of my uncle cletus j. shelton of the 504th..i hope this email picture comes through i think i have figured it out finally..please let me know if you get it and see it well..your friend stephanie from missouri..

post-4-1153849145_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   CletusJShelton.jpg (Size: 42.26 KB / Downloads: 0)
Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

here is the front of the post card cletus sent to his moma 504th pir..i am sending you a copy of the back also you should be able to see his handwriting ledgible and dates on it let me know if you get this one..your friend stephanie from missouri. stephanie curtright..

post-4-1153849187_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   CletusPostcard.jpg (Size: 22.25 KB / Downloads: 0)
Marion J Chard

here is the back of cletus j.shelton postcard that he sent home to his mom.504th pir..he died jan.7th 1945..from your friend in missouri..you can see his handwriting and dates..stephanie curtright..

post-4-1153849219_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   BackOfPostcard.jpg (Size: 19.48 KB / Downloads: 0)
Marion J Chard

dear marion, here is the picture of cletus best friend.we do not know his name..it was lost long ago..can you help me find out who he is..i am at a loss he is immportant as are all soldiers..his family out there may not have this picture of him..can you help me..and yes you may share this on your forum..you can put this and cletus picture and the post card if you wish..there is another picture of cletus and four of his friends by the well..i am having a little trouble getting them into yahoo photos..this is how i am finally able to get these to you..take care and let me know if you get this..thank you so much..you friend from missouri..

post-4-1153849265_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   UnknownFriend.jpg (Size: 18.95 KB / Downloads: 0)
Marion J Chard

dear marion, heres the other picture of cletus and his 3 friends by the well..sorry it took me so long to get this one to you..i didnt think i would ever get it up loaded..i dont know who these people are except in a letter he said they were his friends..i would love to know if they are still around or what may have happened to them..they are important as are all soldiers..there familys may not have a copy of this photograph..can you help me find them..thanks for all you have done to keep these soldiers memories alive,and for helping our younger generations to know these most spectacular men who served our country with so much pride and and honor..some are gone but not forgotten thanks to you marion..your friend from missouri..stephanie curtright.

-------------

Cletus is on far left and is part of the 504th, 82nd PIR. A handsome young man born in the small town of Kennett, MO, to Clarence and May Shelton. He died on Jan 7th, 1945, in Belgium, along with other friends and military brothers. Rest in peace Cletus. You will not be forgotten. :pdt34:

post-4-1154173752_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   CletusAndFriends.jpg (Size: 32.12 KB / Downloads: 0)
Marion J Chard

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Request for 82nd airborne info Walt's Daughter 5 8,326 03-04-2011, 09:09 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Cauquigny Church Stained Glass Project - 82nd A/B Walt's Daughter 2 5,394 07-22-2009, 05:13 PM
  82nd Airborne - revamped site Walt's Daughter 13 13,334 07-16-2009, 09:27 AM
Last Post: Ronald
  82nd Airborne. colinhotham 0 2,962 01-16-2009, 07:48 AM
Last Post: colinhotham
  Huebner - 82nd Airborne Walt's Daughter 5 7,137 11-05-2007, 05:29 PM
  82nd Airborne Campaigns Walt's Daughter 8 403,168 04-01-2005, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Custermen