European Military History Group

Hello all,

My name is Kyle Thomas and I am posting to let you all know of a group I am a founding member of. The European Military History Group was founded in Oct 04 by a group of enthusiastic history buffs. I have attached a background paper for our group.

We plan and cunduct many trips per year to many historical areas around Europe. I am posting here with hopes maybe I can get some stories or information from any vets who may have served in Europe during WWII. We have monthly meeting where we discuss trips and stories members bring.

If there are any vets out there that want to tell us mabe a secific place or battle you were part of we could make it a topuc of our meetings. I would also like to extend a group invitation to anyone who would like to come back to Germany for a visit. I along with several of other members would love to host a veteran for a visit.

If anyone is interested or would like more information please let me know

Thanks for all you did to keep our world free!!!

Kyle Thomas

thomas-kdja@t-online.de

EMHG_Background_Paper_secure.doc

Attached Files
.doc   EMHG_Background_Paper_secure.doc (Size: 296 KB / Downloads: 0)

Kyle: Welcome to the forum. Will try to dig out a map of our route which I have had since wars end showing our route through Germany after leaving France. My two favorite towns towns over there were a small town in Austria, between Berchtesgaden and Salzburg Austria where we were for about a couple of months at wars end and then

to the town of Fulda Germany where I spent another another few months while waiting to go back home. In Fulda we billetted at the Bliedorn Kasserne in Fulda. Many pleasant memories after wars end and very good deer (raebuck ?) hunting which I

enjoyed. Will repro the map when I dig it out and send it to you if interested, and it will show our route. Will E mail you if you wish. Joe

Joe,

Thanks a bunch!! Anything you could give would be great. I would love to talk to our group about your push through Germany!!!!

Send anything you can. I have already showed my group the pictures you sent me a few months back!!!

Thanks again Joe...

Kyle Thomas

thomas-kdja@t-online.de

Kyle:

Once I get all my paperwork sorted from the National Archives on my dad's unit in Germany, I will share what I have with you. I believe there are some maps and of course it gives all the cities and towns that they pushed through.

:D

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Great!!

Maybe I can set up a tour for our group with the information I can get from everyone here..

Thanks in advance for any info provided..

Kyle

Kyle I am happy you enjoy this forum. Your package came today but

we weren't home so I will go to P.O. Tues. and get it. I hope the book

gave you some good info of the 34th. Keep up the good work. Roque -o-

This forum is great. Its great to know there are so many people out here that are still willing to keep these stories alive.

Maybe someone at the reunion will recognize his pictures.

Thanks again Roque,

Kyle

This forum is great.  Its great to know there are so many people out here that are still willing to keep these stories alive. 

Maybe someone at the reunion will recognize his pictures. 

Thanks again Roque,

Kyle

Kyle; I just wrote you an e-mail about the pics. I will also go to the museum

and check the files there and see if I can find something else on your uncle.

Again, God Bless you and all the troops, praying you ALL come home safely.

Roque

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Allied Infantrymen and military vehicles move inland from Normandy to Carentan sixgun 1 3,006 12-17-2014, 09:02 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Interview with Holly Rees, WWII veteran - Military Author Radio Walt's Daughter 0 2,392 11-09-2012, 10:12 PM
  1942 "Military Missal" arve 1 5,411 03-19-2008, 12:06 PM
  WWII Military Slang and Dictionary Walt's Daughter 0 3,036 01-16-2006, 03:41 PM
  Military Collectables Walt's Daughter 0 48,096 04-26-2005, 06:11 PM
  US Military occupation of Japan James Pickering 2 161,151 04-03-2005, 08:47 PM
Last Post: James Pickering