My articles & book(s)

For those who are unable to obtain a copy, I am providing it here for you. Ain't I sweet? :wub:

Marion_s_WWII_Article001.pdf

Attached Files
.pdf   Marion_s_WWII_Article001.pdf (Size: 345.03 KB / Downloads: 0)
Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Thanks Michael. This made my day. B)

This was sent to me by the head historian at the Army Corps of Engineers Office of History.

Marion--

Great work! The veterans of the 540th are fortunate to have such a good historian. I've printed it out and will add it to our unit history files. Thanks so much.

In much more peaceful times my family and I took a ferry from Civitavecchia to Sardinia.

Mike

Marion J Chard

This one's for dad and I

post-6-1153854986_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   MeAndDad.jpg (Size: 49.01 KB / Downloads: 0)
Marion J Chard

What a great couple!!!!!!

Marion I will try to pick a copy of that magazine tomorrow. THanks for the info. I really wish I would have had a chance to meet and get to know my uncle. Hopefully I will get to know him through the serviving vets I meet..

Its awesome we have someone to publish these stories for others to read.

THanks Marion.

I've decided on a title for my book. It will be called

NO BRIDGE TOO FAR

I ran it past all the guys at the reunions in September and they said, go for it! I also got a phone call from George Koskimaki of the 101st Airborne tonight and he asked how the book was coming along. I told him the title I was thinking of and he loved it as well. Said it was really catchy. Well after getting a bunch of thumbs up from all my vets and then a prominent author on top of it, I think it's a go.

:pdt34::pdt34::pdt34::pdt34::pdt34:

Marion J Chard

Yep, it has my vote, too!!

Hey do you think if I snailmail my WWII mag to you that you would sign it for me?

Brooke

Of course sweetie. It would be my absolute pleasure. All others in line BEHIND Brooke. :pdt40: ^_^

My address is on the Main site under the Welcome Menu. I feel honored that you asked. :pdt12:

Marion J Chard

Getting excited. :nuts: Just spent the last two days corresponding back and forth with Col Mike Morgan of Army Engineer mag. He showed me the layout for the cover and the article. All I can say is spectacular! He did a magnificent job and the photo and map layouts are superb! :pdt34:

While it was great having an article in WWII Magazine, this is a more personal touch because it has photos and captions, a reference to our site and Mike felt it wasn't necessary to edit my text, so it is AS I WROTE IT. :pdt34: So the personal references that I made to the men including my father, still remain. I am very thrilled by that. In fact I'm on cloud nine.

I know the members of the 540th and their family members will just love it. Mike has made it come to life. I swore that I would not allow sneak previews, so all of you will have to wait until it is published. :lol:

Just had to share my excitement and enthusiasm. Mike, if you are reading this, thanks in advance. This is a great honor for me and I delighted that you let me have this wonderful opportunity. :pdt34::pdt34:

Marion J Chard

:pdt34::pdt34::pdt34:

To Thine Own Self Be True.

Second last line of long quote:-

"This above all: to thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any man." -- William Shakespeare

The older I get, the more I realize the importance of being honest with myself and the more I notice people who aren't. Thanks for being so D**n Honest with us.

From the 442nd RCT. "Go for Broke" - the Nisei Warriors"

Marion shoot for the moon and you might just hit it!!

Sgtleo

Awww Sarge, such inspiring words. Thanks a million! ;)

Let's just say that I have a great bunch to work with and that includes my husband, my daughter, my friends, my vets, the editors, etc. It is all a group collaboration.

I am happy that I was given the opportunity to do this. I sometimes say that part of it was divine intervention, well that and the indomitable spirit that my father passed on to me. :wub:

Marion J Chard