Tried calling 3-7-I Recon yesterday

Tried calling Recon yesterday. His phone in the assisted living with medical care

place was disconnedted. Checked with 411 and was given the same phone #. Tried

again twice. Disconnedted phone. Russ has not been on the computer for many months but I still E mail him, with no answere each time. Phone him about each month

though. (he is in Fl and I am in NJ). I have his last phone # and his address in Tampa

if they are still there. I have one hell of a time keeping tabs on him lately and have located him twice prior when he dropped from sight. So far, no luck and have spent

hours trying. Any ideas??? Had the same thing happen about 3 years ago when my

buddy from the same company "suddenly dissapeared" when living in CA. and never

could find anything out. I dont know which "assisted living" place they lived at. Just

the address. Any ideas???

Jesus Joe, didn't realize that all of us had lost contact with him. That is not good. Well, let's see what super sleuth, alias Marion can do. I am disturbed that you can't even find him. Sigh! :(

It goes without saying that is anyone can gather any info that they need to share with all of us. I am not a happy camper...

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Joe, give me the last valid address. I will ascertain where he was.

Marion J Chard

I am still trying, but so far no luck. Please if anyone knows Russ or his wife in Florida and you read this, please get in touch with Joe or I. We are quite worried and find it hard not knowing what happened to our buddy. :unsure::unsure:

BTW, thank you Joe for sending me the info.

Marion J Chard

Marion: Finally chased Recon down once again and talked to him. Talked with him just tonite and he doesnt sound oo good. Also talked to his wife, Bea, and she is not doing so good also. Made me feel terible. He had moved and I have his new phone number and made him promise to call me if he changes his new address or phome number. Hope he remembers to do so. He no longer has a computer. Damnit to hell, this is the second time this has happened to friends. Kinda makes one wonder and worry.

But I am glad I finally found him anyway. He didnt say too much and neither did his wife, Bea so that didnt sound too good. I'm heading upstairs for a double Jack Daniels

and water tonight and a prayer at bedtime for them. End of report for now. Forgive me for sounding like I do.

Joe:

How the heck were you able to find him. I was at my whit's end.

Anyway the bottom line is, you did find him. I am sorry to hear that neither is doing well and that he no longer has a computer. That is very sad and not the news we wanted to hear. However, I am glad that he is still amongst us. I was fearing the worst as were you.

Lee and I had a drink around the fire last night for Russ. So we were there toasting with you my dear.

So where is he now? Another apartment, a senior's complex...? As you said he didn't say much, so maybe you don't know. :(

I was hoping we'd here from him again on the forum, but alas my hope is dashed.

Marion J Chard

Marion: I am going to keep how the hell I finally got him quiet. Did take some doings

but I stuck with it and finally got to him. I will call him in about 2 weeks again and

maybe things will be better. I sure hope so. I couldnt even get out of him his sons

name and address of phone number. Maybe next call things will be better. I'm afraid

I had to "break some rules" to track him down. Took a while but worth it.. Will keep you informed if I can keep up with him.

Joe:

"Mums the word", and that is a-okay with me. That doesn't matter anyway. The only thing that matters is that you did reach him. I wonder why he is being so secretive, or maybe a better word is, elusive. It could be that he is very depressed and thus his response, or lack thereof.

I know you would feel better if you could get a name and address for family member. That way you wouldn't have to worry so much if you knew you could contact a son, daughter, grandkid, etc.

Well, keep me (us) posted and once again, I am so sorry to hear about your dear friend. I know how much it must hurt. :unsure:

Marion J Chard

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Called 3-7-I Recon today twobisquit 4 4,744 05-20-2006, 12:39 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  3-7-I Recon twobisquit 4 5,814 10-27-2005, 03:15 PM
Last Post: Custermen