Ten Days of War

I thought I had mentioned this new book but I guess it was on the forum of Commando Supremo.

This is a new release of a book about the last days of the Italian Campaign. It is written in Italian.

"DIECI GIORNI DI GUERRA" by Luca Valente

Pub: Cierre Edizioni -- ISBN: 8883142442

Description: 550 pages with 235 photos & 7 maps. Softbound.

This book describes the German retreat and the Allied pursuit in Veneto and Trentino. It includes info on the German 10th Army, the US 10th Mountain Division and many other units. The author has collected many great photos of Germans, Italians, partisans, paratroopers and American soldiers.

Click on this link for a description of this book in Italian, along with example photos:

http://www.lucavalente.it/modules.php?name...article&sid=131

I may order a few of these books to be sent to USA. If anyone would like to add their order with this, please let me know. I don't know the price of the book. I will get that info and post it here so you will know if you want it or not.

Cost for book is 20 Euros; which is not much more than $26. I think I can save shipping for anyone in USA. I will order a bulk order and ask him to autograph each copy.

Now the special deal about this book:

I donated some material for this book; mainly photos from my website that my Father took in Northern Italy. The Index refers to either my Father or me in 11 places. On two pages, he has placed a group of 4 photos of my Father or sites he photographed. The Forward includes my name and hometown. If you go to the above link, you will see two photos of my Dad.

(You have to click on the extra pages and go to RICERCA at top...then for each of the sub windows select Leggi Tutto... and two will pull up my Dad's photos, as well as other great photos.)

[Or, you can go to Altavista Babel site translator and enter the webiste address and every page will be translated for you---very poor translations but it will help.]

It is so cool to see him and other Americans remembered this way. And it is like the images and memories he captured has returned to their native country in a special way that everyone can view it.

Steve

steve@custermen.com

www.custermen.com

What an honor to have your dad on the pages and heck, you too. Congrats! Can't wait to see my dad's name in the future too. It's always such a thrill for us kids, huh Steve!

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  800 Days on the Eastern Front - Litvin Walt's Daughter 0 2,821 07-01-2007, 02:02 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Seven Days in January Walt's Daughter 0 3,002 04-13-2006, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter