UNIFORMS of WW2

Oh, you may just get me to bite on that offer at the Flea Market. Actually I've been itching to get a GI uniform in a SMALL size. Well after all it's for yours truly! :D:pdt34:

Hey I don't know if you got to see a post from a couple of weeks ago, but I ran into some WWII vets at a parking lot hotdog stand. The jeep and the vets caught my eye. Had a carful of groceries but didn't care. The jeep had a combat engineers lettering on it. I stopped by car, jumped out and said, "Who's giving me a ride in the the jeep?". That's how the friendship blossomed.

One of the guys was a combat engineer and had picked this thing up for dirt cheap. Put about 13,000 thou into her and man is she beautiful. He did a great job restoring it. He still owes me a ride in the jeep. :pdt12:

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Marion,

Are you looking for any sepcific type? The wool version or the HBT type? What is your inseam? Som of the small uniforms may be taylored. Dont want to get you something too short or too long....

Kyle

I just picked up these on e-bay last night. I will use them for display and to use in our foxholes in Bastogne this December.

post-36-1153941048_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   ec_1.jpg (Size: 19.37 KB / Downloads: 0)

Are you looking for any sepcific type? The wool version or the HBT type? What is your inseam? Som of the small uniforms may be taylored. Dont want to get you something too short or too long....

Thanks Kyle. I will owe ya big time. Just let me know how much it will cost and what the shipping will be. I appreciate it.

Well I'm pretty petite. Only 5 feet tall. Size 5. Let's see, my inseam would be 28. As you said, I can always get things taylored.

HBT's are cool, but anything is fine. I currently have an engineers Ike jacket that fits perfect except the sleeves are a bit long. I also wear my father-in-law's summer flight jacket. He couldn't believe that it used to fit him. :lol:

Hey your latest acquistion is just great. I bet you can't wait for the mail to arrive. :pdt20:

Marion J Chard

Boy, those are like the first phone we had when I was a kid. (but without the case) There were 5 families on the line. Each one of us had a different ring. I remember ours was 1 ring. You had to make sure it was just a short ring, a long ring meant an emergency. When we finally got a real phone it was also a party line phone, but it was black, and had half the town on it! :rolleyes:

Nancy

HBT's are cool, but anything is fine.

I found the tunic for you. Check out this Engineer's tunic. I certainly would like to know more about the history behind it. Oh yeah, its a WW1 item on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/WWI-Office-of-the-Chie...1QQcmdZViewItem

And another surprise. A VI Corps WW1 tunic.

http://cgi.ebay.com/WWI-6th-Corps-Trench-M...1QQcmdZViewItem

Nice jackets..

Marion I will also look to see if there is some VI Corps stuff..

\

Ooooo-weeee Custerman, I went to check it out. Man it's a bit out of my price range. Right now it's going for almost $600.00 in the last hour. I think I shall stand back.... But thanks for the heads-up!!!

Marion J Chard

Man it's a bit out of my price range.

I could only afford to buy a WW1 canteen from him. It is a Model 1917 canteen that is stenciled with the same unit as the one that my Dad served in during WW2. I couldn't let that get away from me.

I'll post a photo, later.

Steve

Sweet! B)

Marion J Chard

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  7th Army uniforms ANDRE'S SON 3 7,405 02-13-2007, 01:11 AM
Last Post: mec1945