UNIFORMS of WW2

Went to the market on Sunday and didnt buy a thing!!! That is unusual for me.. These markets are hit and miss since they have them every other month. I will try again in Sep. Sorry Marion and Roque...

Kyle

Gee, you don't have to apologize. I'd be thrilled at any time of year and realize these are very hit and miss. It's like Ebay. I may not find or buy anthing for a year, then BOOM, all of a sudden I may find three things that I really, really want. I appreciate you even thinking of Rocky and I. :wub:

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

I just purchased my first Ike jacket recently. Came with a pair of trousers and interesting patches. ....one 1rst Army and one 3rd Army as well as a "ruptured duck". It has some mothing but that has never bothered me as long as it's not too severe. ;)

:woof:

:woof: Daddy (i love doing that):

How cool is that. I am waiting for the 48th Combat Engineers reunion in Michigan later this year, when I can walk into the room with my 48th Ike jacket, complete with photos and names. That will certainly be a thrill. I have a hat now too. Trying for the whole outfit. It will come in due time. I hope that someone will recognize the photos of he and his buddies. Al Kincer has already confirmed that this guy was a member of the 48th. I love this stuff. :heartpump::pdt34:

Marion J Chard

You will be The Belle of the Ball, I'm sure! We have a small museum in town with a "WWII room" consisting of uniforms that were worn by local men & women, and all of these uniforms are in just mint condition. There is a WAC's uniform on a mannequin along with the story of the local woman who wore it...very snappy uniform! Even though it's just a small display, I feel like I could spend hours in there looking at things and trying to envision what each person did during their service time in WWII. I have donated a few things, including a 1941 Ellensburg calendar and hope to be able to contribute more in the future.

:woof: Daddy

:woof: Daddy:

Bless your heart. I feel the same way looking at the small collection of things I've acquired. I feel that each time I pick them up, I extract something I didn't see the first time.

Hubby and I were out in our new toolshed (MAN SHED!) :lol: this afternoon and seeing how we were going to set everything up. At first he imagined he would place pegboard behind "my end" of the shed. No, that won't work will it he exclaimed. Nope, I think you're right. I proceeded to tell him that I would plaster a collage of "my guys" on the wall. Good thinking he said. It will be appropriate that they out in the shed with us. I think it's a great idea. :pdt34:

Marion J Chard

This is the only jump jacket i have in my collection! It belonged to '1st Lt. James F. Dunham', 'Jr. O-1825336', who was a member of 506 1st Bn. A Co.

I am still researching James. I got this jacket with the Dutch Lanyard on it.

M42_01.jpg

M42_02.jpg

M42_03.jpg

M42_04.jpg

M42_05.jpg

M42_06.jpg

Uniform shirt and tie of Conrad W EYTH who was in the Tank Destroyer Forces.

(See my topic elsewhere on this forum for additional information).

ShirtCplTD.jpg

Erwin

Daan:

Just sent a question to Don Burgett who was also a member of Co A. I will let you know what he has to say. :pdt34:

Marion J Chard

Uniform shirt and tie of Conrad W EYTH who was in the Tank Destroyer Forces.

(See my topic elsewhere on this forum for additional information).

ShirtCplTD.jpg

Erwin

Hello Jeeper- My Uncle Rusty was in the 691rst Tank Destroyer Battalion! :armata_PDT_37:

Dogdaddy :woof:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  7th Army uniforms ANDRE'S SON 3 7,489 02-13-2007, 01:11 AM
Last Post: mec1945