Memoribilia and Collectibles

Brooke,

When I said this was displayed in "my office", I didn't mean at work. I meant my home office. Yeah, I got a room to myself. Isn't my wife nice.

The only display I have at my real office is some 1/48 scale model WW2 fighter aircraft. A couple are German Fock-Wolf and Messerschmidts and do display the swastika on the tail---but hard to see.

j3 ... My Walther is a .380 Auto. They didn't make them in 9mm Parabellum (aka Luger).

SgtLeo.

They are similar. I've never seen or heard of the pistol you showed. I saw where you posted this image in another thread. I like the PP. It is narrow and could easily conceal in your pocket if you need to.

I store mine in a fake book on my book shelf that is hollowed out to conceal a gun. The title of the book is: "The Handbook of Executive Communication".

:direct:

(I know that of you that just read this, you have solidified your opinion of me as being a real nut case. You may be right.)

Steve

:drinkin::drinkin:

Steve:-

You are doing your own thing and not hurting anybody so why give S**t about what others think. You collect memoribilia so what!!

We have a neighbor that has birthday parties,gives Christmas presents,Easter Baskets etc. to her C-A-T. She is a real nut case to me. She even has purchased a burial plot for the C-A-T - now that's weird!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sgtleo :coffee::coffee:

:drinkin::drinkin:

Steve:-

You are doing your own thing and not hurting anybody so why give S**t about what others think. You collect memoribilia so what!!

We have a neighbor that has birthday parties,gives Christmas presents,Easter Baskets etc. to her C-A-T. She is a real nut case to me. She even has purchased a burial plot for the C-A-T - now that's weird!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sgtleo :coffee::coffee:

I don't think it's weird . I collect militaria AND have it written in my will that the cremains of my two Golden Retrievers are to be buried in my plot with me! One thing nobody need ever feel ashamed of is showing love for a beloved family pet. After all...there is NO WAY we can ever repay the unconditional love a dog brings to us in the short time we are blessed with their company on earth.

As far as militaria goes, I think most people have a designated room or area for displaying it..especially if you have items such as nazi flags, but then again I generally wouldn't invite anybody into my home if I thought they might be uptight about my collection. Like Steve and most other Collectors I am rather proud of my WWII stuff!

Another Nutcase,

:drinkin::woof:

:direct::direct:

Dogdaddy

Sorry -- if my choice of words offended that certainly was NOT my intent.

Perhaps if I had chosen to say "to each his own" rather than "weird" that might have been more palatable.

Let's leave it at my wife's saying 'To each his own!!"

Sgtleo :pal::pal:

No offense taken, Sarge :lol: ....I am just very much 'Pro Dogs' and unashamedly so. I know you are not the type to deliberately offend anyone here, and "To Each His Own" is a good motto to have, although I sometimes forget that myself :banghead: (okay folks...the secret is out now...I ain't perfect! :rolleyes::lol::o

:woof:

Dang, ever time I see these fine pistols, I still curse my mom for giving my dad's Luger away. :banghead::direct::direct: Sorry mom, it's just one of those things I will never get over. :unsure:
Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

I still curse my mom for giving my dad's Luger away. 

I understand your feeling Marion :( a GI gave a 1911 to my grandfather from my mother's side and he threw it in a river in the 50's. :wacko:(After my two Uncle's became to curious about the gun) :banghead:

Thanks. It's nice to know that I am not alone. :lol::lol:
Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"
Just think at one time I had at least 250 of the finest german & Italian pistols. The day the war ended WE laid them out in the Company street, WE were in Berchtesgaden, and each soldier in Co B 48th Engrs selected one to bring home. The story of how I got the pistols is contained in my writings. Yes I sold some of them but managed to get home with 5.

Al: You were lucky we were "requeated" to leave Berchtesgaden on May 6th '45.

Otherwise all would have been gone with us.