Memoribilia and Collectibles

Looks like it's in good shape! :pdt34:

It is in nice condition and didn't cost much. I am down to just a few 'axis' items now. I decided to just honor the Allied participants in WWII and get rid of the rest. For one thing, I can't afford to buy many things anymore so I will just limit my collection to American,British, Canadian or Russian. These items are far easier (usually) to verify. Most Collectors have been burned on fakes before and I'm no exception... ;)

Jim :woof:

:pdt40:

FYI A few of my souvenirs:-

Here's a few patches I cut off POW Uniforms. When they first saw my boot knife they worried!!

KrautPatch.jpg

This is a German Navy Flag which had been on a warship(Kreismarine Flagge) until liberated.

KriegsMarineFlag.jpg

This was picked up and used by one of my guys who lost his own pot so MPs gave him one of their D-Day Pots.

D-DayMPHelmet.jpg

Sgtleo

Ah an amphibious engineers MP helmet. GREAT!

Also some nice patches and a flag buddy.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

:pdt34::pdt34:

Schloss Neuschwanstein:-

The castle on which Disney based Cinderella's Castle in Florida's Disney World. It isn't too far from the city of Cologne.

neuschw-1.jpg

Sgtleo

Ohhhh, did not know that. I can see the resemblence.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

From a German POW camp for Allied officers:

post-36-1158012205_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   img7354jd6.jpg (Size: 156.69 KB / Downloads: 0)

I like the flag, it's in great shape!

Brooke

:machinegun::machinegun::machinegun:

A Panzergrenadier(Mechanized Infantryman) was an unhappy camper when I took this away from him. It's a Sauer and Sohn 7.65mm(.32cal) pistol that is truly accurate.

The magazine holds seven rounds and put one in the chamber, apply the safety and you have an 8 shot automatic. I still have the holster and the spare mag. that went on it with his name etc inside. Shoots great!!

Been offerred $$$ by a collector but no sale!

Sauer1930Pistol1.gif

Sgtleo

:pdt34::pdt34:

Nice shootin' iron, Sarge :pdt34: In fact, all the items you've shown are nice. To a Collector, any artifact with a certfiable "Veteran bringback" attached to it carries twice the value of the same item without. :drinkin:

:woof: Jim

a Sauer and Sohn 7.65mm(.32cal) pistol that is truly accurate.

Nice pistol. I'm not familiar with that one. Has a lot of feature similiar to the Walter PP.

Ohhhh, did not know that. I can see the resemblence.

Yeah, Marion. If you look closely, you can see TinkerBell flying above the clouds.

Steve