Overseas with the 540th

As some of you may know, one of my new friends, an historian, has lent me the book that I have been feverishly searching for, Overseas with the 540th Engineers. He is giving me the opportunity to scan and copy all the pages, so at least I will have a copy on the ol' computer. This will enable me upload the pages to our site. They are hundreds of photos and text to go along with them.

The book covers the 540th E-Men from their first steps on the shores of North Africa to their last days in Germany in 1945. It's a real treasure and hopefully someday I will find a copy for my collection. There are great pics of bridges being built, mines being diffused, roads being improved, landings in North Africa, Sicily, Italy, and Southern France, etc. There are also photos of each platoon and much, much more.

Hopefully I will be able to share these with you very soon. It is quite an undertaking to copy an entire book and then crop and improve each image before I upload them to the web, so please be patient. It will be worth the wait. :D

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"