John Adams - HBO Miniseries

It's wonderful to be able to see all the founding father's in their own light. You can see by the above text, that they risked ALL so we today could live as we do. But accordingly, we need to remind our current representatives, they are still beholding to us, WE THE PEOPLE. As Thomas Jefferson reminded us,

Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.

It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world.

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

And leaving everyone with this final thought - Let us rise up and remind our government that this is one of those times!

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Messages In This Thread
John Adams - HBO Miniseries - by Walt's Daughter - 01-07-2011, 09:34 AM
John Adams - HBO Miniseries - by Walt's Daughter - 01-07-2011, 09:35 AM
John Adams - HBO Miniseries - by CaptO - 01-07-2011, 10:52 AM
John Adams - HBO Miniseries - by Walt's Daughter - 01-07-2011, 11:54 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  USS John F Kennedy Walt's Daughter 0 3,196 09-02-2010, 10:14 PM