1058th pc&r or port construction and repair group

Hi: My dad served with the 1058th PC&R Group also. I am new to this site and so excited to find someone else who's father served with mine. My dad's name is Walter Curlock, he is from Oklahoma but inlisted in San Francisco, CA. He passed away in 1991 but I have a few stories, as well as, some pictures of dad with buddies. I also have a few letters that buddies referred to him as 'Rusty'. He went in at Omaha Beach, he said it was D-Day, but I have not been able to confirm. I only know he was attached to 1st Army, but I don't know what other regiment the 1058th was attached to. Maybe you can help me with that. He was a Tech4 Welder Combination. He was injured at Remagen on Ludendorff Bridge, but survived. After being put back on the line, he went back to the 1058th until points caught up with him somewhere in the Philippines in 1945 and he was shipped home and discharged. I can try and answer some of your questions, although I have many myself!

Messages In This Thread
1058th pc&r or port construction and repair group - by Curlock - 01-31-2011, 05:15 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to the Group! Deborah Gregory 2 3,358 10-13-2018, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Hi All! - 1139th Combat Engineering group Nancy Beller 10 12,426 01-28-2015, 12:39 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter