Daddy's Poem

Some things are simply left unsaid between friends, and nothing has to be said or elaborated on. Such is the case between you and I. Thanks.

If you want to read about how a daughter feels about her veteran father, then please take the time to read the intro to my book. I have to admit that this was one of the hardest things I've ever written in my life. I think I had a real concrete wall in front of me and it took a lot for me to actually sit and begin writing. Part of it was because like anyone else, it is hard to face our demons and fears and hurts.

I didn't want to put certain things in writing because it was painful and brought things too close to home.

I have to admit that when I wrote the intro I sat and cried my heart out because it hurt. Once it was done it was a real purging for me. No it certainly didn't cure my hurt, but as with anything else in life, it brought it out and it needed to be done.

I have had a lot hidden within me for years, and writing was and is a catharsis for me. But, I guess this is not the place for years of needed therapy, so I sign off and...

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Messages In This Thread
Daddy's Poem - by Sgtleo - 12-21-2006, 04:42 PM
Daddy's Poem - by Walt's Daughter - 12-21-2006, 07:11 PM
Daddy's Poem - by Sgtleo - 12-21-2006, 07:39 PM
Daddy's Poem - by Walt's Daughter - 12-21-2006, 10:07 PM