Music from Joe

Hey Joe: Just got your package this morning. Thank you, thank you for the 4 CD's and the tape. Can't wait to get a chance to listen to them all.

The music is from the 40's and 50's. Eventually I will add many of these tunes to the Jukebox. Ain't life grand? :drinkin:

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Marion: You are more than welcome. Soon as I get my Dads WW 1 diary posting

going, and get Brooke's records to her, will send you a list of the other few hundred

I have in case you wish any.

Joe:

How very thoughtful of you to make copies of all your songlists. Just got it yesterday in the mail. I will take the time to go over it and let you know. You've got some awesome tunes there my dear. Quite an impressive collection.

Thank again for your efforts. They are always appreciated. :wub:

Let's hope we can find a TRUE copy of Dogface Soldier too. As you said, not the PC version! ;)

Marion J Chard

Hey, do you have any Deanna Durbin stuff?

I have veteran whom I write to that has mentioned her music being among his favorites. "Beneath the lights of home" or (something like that) as a special favorite. Do you have this on the list??

Joe sent me a wonderful Christmas album. I have been looking for some really nice Christmas music like that and he must have read my mind. Bless you Joe.

Brooke

I don't remember her on the list he sent me, but I will double check. Anyone what to put in their two cents regarding Ms. Durbin?

Marion J Chard

Here ya go...

http://www.hovers.nl/museum.htm

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0002052/

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Academy/5228/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deanna_Durbin

Marion J Chard

Thanks for those links, Marion. That's a great collection in the 78 rpm warehouse.

You know I never really appreciated this kind of music until just a few years ago, but you know these people could really sing. It's not like the artists of today who use all this computer enhancement and stuff and still don't sound like this.

These people could SING.

Brooke

Good thing to point out. Yes, no enhancements. They sang like that in public. So many singers today do not sound good without being in the studio. They can't cut it.

I've loved many of these songs since I was a little girl. I was brought up on 30's music and up. I really remember a lot of the 40's tunes. We also listened to a lot of musicals too. So glad I was brought up with an eclectic mix. I listen to a just about a little of everything to this day. Not much rap though. Most of it is garbage. Give me good melodies and harmonies.

Marion J Chard

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Email regarding old phonographs and WWII music... Walt's Daughter 0 3,208 05-15-2014, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  The Honeybee Trio - music of the 30's and 40's Walt's Daughter 2 6,377 12-09-2012, 10:49 AM
  OUR MUSIC PAGE Walt's Daughter 83 123,161 08-28-2012, 10:48 AM
  Wow, thanks for updated songlist - Music Jukebox Walt's Daughter 3 5,112 12-21-2011, 10:39 PM
Last Post: ND-Jim
  WWII sheet music info sites Walt's Daughter 0 3,054 05-17-2010, 08:12 AM
  Candyman Music Video Michael Callaghan 17 16,695 12-08-2007, 08:11 PM
Last Post: Jeeper704
  CD008: WWII Music & Variety Show Part 1 Walt's Daughter 3 5,618 11-28-2007, 01:58 PM
  WWII Music and Songs curtdol 32 44,303 10-23-2007, 09:30 PM
Last Post: ND-Jim
  Music - The Authentic History Center Walt's Daughter 0 4,728 12-22-2005, 05:26 PM
  Music Cadetat6 1 143,108 02-15-2005, 12:26 AM