OUR MUSIC PAGE

I am working on the "downed" music portion of our site, so don't worry. I have forgotten about it. So don't give up.

In the mood...

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

I have wonderful news for all. Thanks to your support and donations, I was able to secure a new domain today and caught a GREAT deal for hosting our music on a new server. We don't have to worry about storage or bandwidth because I was able to get 25 GB's bandwidth and 500 MB's storage and for a really decent rate.

I am so overjoyed. Now we will be back up and running and I don't have to fool with running my own server. I am so, so happy! :pdt12::pdt12:

I hope to have everything up and running by Friday at the latest! This is the best news. I knew a door would open somewhere for me, for US! -o-

Thanks again for standing behind me and giving me moral support and a very special thank you to all who sent donations. I couldn't have done it without all of you. God bless you! I love you all! :heartpump::heartpump:

Marion J Chard

We're back, we're back, we're back. I am so happy!

Thanks to all for your patience while the music site was down. We are back due to your moral support and your donations. Because of so many generous contributions, I was able to find a new hosting source that provided for our growing needs and we are now back bigger and better than ever with room to grow.

Enjoy and I hope to be adding more in the near future. Here's the NEW link. The old one will no longer work!

VI Corps Music

Let's swing once again!!! :pdt34::wave2:

Marion J Chard

Naturally, being bias, my favorite is the song of the 3rd Inf Div in ww2. "Dogface Soldier". It is still in use by our "new 3rd Div warriors" to this day in Iraq. However

I liked Lille Marlene, eveb though A German song. Also, Waltzing Matilda. (ANZAC )..

Oh no, I just got promoted. I turned down promotions 60 years ago.

That's okay Joe, your new acting general (yes the one and the only General MJC Chard) has seen your promotion and wholeheartedly pats you on the back! :pdt12: Ah, there's just no getting around it here! Hey when you get enough points, you can come up to the officer's mess and have a drink with me. Of course, I'm buying!!! :pdt12::pdt34:

On the music realm...

I am planning on including a version by Marlene very soon. I think it's the best version too.

I am going to be adding more tunes in the next month or so, so keep checking back for more. I'm glad you are enjoying it!

Marion J Chard

Okay Misha sent me TWO CD's full of music. One is ALL Glenn Miller. I just got done uploading In the Mood! Whoopee! B) Lot's more to come, but it will take me a while.

Marion J Chard

Sinatra I did it my way is my proposal for a theme song for the WW2 veterans still here snd due for departure in the future.

So here is one website that says ir all. http://www.geocities.com/Wellesley/Atrium/...67/sinatra.html

Okay folks you asked for it and you got it! :pdt34:

I've been working feverishly for the last three days to bring you the new and updated music page. Many of you inquired if it would be possible to have the music play much as it would on a radio station. Well your wish is my command.

I've also added more tunes bringing our grand total to date to approximately 100 tunes!

The new player pops up in it's own individual window, thereby allowing you to keep listening no matter where you go on the Internet.

The new player allows continuous music, but also includes features that let you stop, repeat, shuffle, etc., much like Real Player, Music Matchbox, Windows Media Player etc.

So put on your dancing shoes and grab a partner or simply sit back and enjoy with a :coffee: . In the mood anyone? :heartpump:

--------------------------------------------------------

Click here to read about it and get instructions:

http://www.6thcorpsmusic.us/ or

Click here to bring up the

WWII Jukebox

Marion J Chard

Oh Paul, I did upload a few Frank songs. Still need to get a copy of "I Did it My Way".

We do have:

The Way You Look Tonight

As Time Goes By

Must have listened to those 20 times yesterday while doing this! :wub:

Marion J Chard

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Email regarding old phonographs and WWII music... Walt's Daughter 0 3,211 05-15-2014, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Farewell to Patti Page Walt's Daughter 1 4,713 03-06-2013, 02:05 PM
Last Post: chucktoo
  The Honeybee Trio - music of the 30's and 40's Walt's Daughter 2 6,379 12-09-2012, 10:49 AM
  Wow, thanks for updated songlist - Music Jukebox Walt's Daughter 3 5,114 12-21-2011, 10:39 PM
Last Post: ND-Jim
  WWII sheet music info sites Walt's Daughter 0 3,056 05-17-2010, 08:12 AM
  Candyman Music Video Michael Callaghan 17 16,702 12-08-2007, 08:11 PM
Last Post: Jeeper704
  CD008: WWII Music & Variety Show Part 1 Walt's Daughter 3 5,623 11-28-2007, 01:58 PM
  WWII Music and Songs curtdol 32 44,317 10-23-2007, 09:30 PM
Last Post: ND-Jim
  Music from Joe Walt's Daughter 7 9,995 12-24-2005, 12:04 AM
  Music - The Authentic History Center Walt's Daughter 0 4,729 12-22-2005, 05:26 PM