591st - Thomas Janos

This is a tragic story about a Cedar Rapids WWII veteran, Thomas Janos.

This story has affected me greatly since I discovered it years ago and I would like to see it told

See attached

Charles D Campbell

James L Campbell and Thomas Janos 591st.pdf

Attached Files
.pdf   James L Campbell and Thomas Janos 591st.pdf (Size: 1.07 MB / Downloads: 0)
Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Tragic indeed Marion, but thank you for posting. My great uncle had a similar story such as this. Not long after he returned home from the war he was killed in an auto accident the night before his wedding. To think of these two men, as well as all the others just like them, and what they went through during the war then didn't get to enjoy the peace. It is just terribly sad, life certainly isn't fair at all.

Randy

Yes, you make it through the entire war, only to return home and die of a treatable ailment. Breaks your heart.

I met a woman through the forum years ago, (her posts are still here) and told me the tragic story of a father she never got to meet, for he too went through the entire war and while celebrating with the Russians in May of 1945, died from alcohol poisoning (home-brewed at the front). Talk about life not being fair. That story still haunts me to this day.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wilbur Thomas Dickens Walt's Daughter 0 2,431 03-20-2008, 09:59 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter