It's been a decade! 2004-2014

When I was uploading Frank Timmer's new web page today, I came to the sudden realization that our site will be ten years old in a few months. If memory serves me correctly, it was late spring when I posted my first two pages. Holy cow, batman. Look where we are today.

I'd like to thank every veteran, every family member, every historian and every forum member and every interested party, who made this possible.

I am proud that we are still up and running one decade later and more importantly, continuing to grow and educate.

If I can quote the Grateful Dead, "What a long, strange trip it's been!"

:bluejumper::love::36_15_54::wub::clappin::wave2::wave::pidu:

Many hugs,

M1

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Rebel_Soldiers_Cheering.gif

AWESOME!!

vietnam-homecoming.gif

Ten years of great work. We are so thankful for your efforts in teaching us aboutthe unit and bringing us together!

Maj Todd O. USMC, Retired
Grandson of LTC John O'Brien

Awwwwww! That is so sweet and btw, love the pic!

You are one of the reasons this forum is what it is. Even though you are stationed in the Pacific and serving with the Marines, you always find time whenever you can to post and share with us. Means a lot to me, It's always great to have someone to chat with, since that seems to be a dying art.

HUGS!

Marion J Chard

Marion it's been a great trip for me and I can almost count ten years too. This website has been a lifeline for me in that time and has introduced me to so many fine friends. Finally my tribute is to you and your vision and determination to succeed and I count myself lucky to have met you and all those who visit here or are part of the 36th.

Colin. (There will be a special hug in September) :clappin2:

Yes, can't wait for that special hug in September. This will be the third time we get to meet in person, and I am oh so grateful for that.

One of the reasons I love doing this, is because it has brought so many people together from all over the world, including reuniting veterans with their ol' buddies. Nothing can top that in my book.

Love having you and Todd here. I thank both of your for making this such a special place. Wouldn't be the same without you and I cherish every moment.

:wub:

Marion J Chard

image.png

We love you, too!!

Maj Todd O. USMC, Retired
Grandson of LTC John O'Brien

Just seems bitter sweet this morning, now that SonofMP is no longer with us. Won't be quite the same, will it. But he made the place what it was. He will be sorely missed. Here's to you, Larry!

:wave::heartpump:

Marion J Chard

And this from Harold Whiting - 157th Engineer - Thank you Harold. It was great hearing from you. :pdt12:

I guess I was about the 14th person to send you a story, I believe it jan 2004, so we are celebrating 10 years together and getting to meet in Lancaster pa. Been a long road but great. You have done a great job .

hwhiting

ps keep up the good work

Marion J Chard