My friend's military story

One of my former schoolmate, now is a captain of the Alpine. (he was 3 times in Afghanistan)

On the Italian camouflage uniform, on the collar there are two fabric patches in a star shape. My friend years ago did a course at a U.S. Army base in Italy. When he arrived at the gate, the two guards are taken at present arms as if they had seen the devil himself... My friend has returned salute, then passed the gate he understood that the two soldiers had mistaken him for a General because of 2 stars. In fact, those stars do not indicate a degree here in Italy. lol It was not his intention to make fun of those soldiers, but then he could not go back to explain.... But for a moment he felt important :P

Ah, his brief claim to fame! :P :P :P

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

FUNNY ! I had a similar event. I'm on a base that is known for its huge number of green trainees. I have a service star on my front windshield and that apparently startled a few into stock still attention. Oh well. Better safe than sorry. :D

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Uncommon Valor: The Kyle Carpenter Story sixgun 0 2,874 11-21-2014, 04:36 PM
Last Post: sixgun
  But Dad - book by Jay Fiondella - a friend of mine Walt's Daughter 3 4,348 07-22-2013, 09:24 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Our best friend onefastcat 1 2,226 12-31-2011, 09:26 AM
Last Post: verow
  Happy Birthday to a dear friend, Jim Miller Walt's Daughter 0 1,480 01-19-2011, 09:21 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Gene Simmons Military Tribute sixgun 0 1,442 10-22-2010, 05:34 AM
Last Post: sixgun