Mom Chard's Memorial slide show

We had Lee's mom's Memorial Service this past weekend, and it was very lovely. Many of you know she passed on a few months ago.

I created a slideshow in her honor. It includes photos from the 30's and 40's - pre-dad! ha-ha!

My two sister-in-laws created lovely collage boards which were displayed at the hall, and featured many photos I had never even seen before. It was great.

Here's the link to my slide show. It's a photodex presentation, so it may require a small/safe download to your computer first.

Enjoy!

Tribute to Mom - The Early Days

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Marion that was a really great and interesting tribute to you mum. As always so professionally done as we have come to expect of you, I admire you dedication to "getting it right"!

I would like to think I can watch it again with you in September and have you giving a description of the people and places involved.

Full of nostalgia, especially for you I know, but also for someone who lived through that era too !!

Thank you,

Colin.

Thanks for your thoughtful and kind words. I'm glad you took the time to watch it.

I started a family photo gallery last night. It only has one folder right now, and it's THOSE photos and many more of mum's.

Here's the link:

http://www.thechards.com/imagevue/?p=gallery#/content/start/

I have tons of photos to scan and/or upload yet. This will be fun. It's about time I began sharing this with our family.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  In honor of Memorial Day 2016 Walt's Daughter 2 5,203 05-30-2016, 10:17 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Remembering Memorial Day 2015 Walt's Daughter 3 5,286 05-27-2015, 11:25 PM
Last Post: Jean Jacobson
  New Memorial , Vierville sur Mer, Normandy sixgun 4 4,853 09-22-2014, 01:51 PM
  VJ Day - Hawaii - 1945 - We honor our vets this Memorial Day Walt's Daughter 0 2,007 05-25-2012, 09:22 AM
  Rolling Thunder in HD - Memorial Day Parade, Washington D.C. 2010 sixgun 1 2,656 11-29-2011, 10:17 PM
Last Post: CaptO
  Memorial Day sixgun 1 2,625 05-31-2011, 03:00 PM
Last Post: Clementine