Nickel-plated M1 carbine

A big hello from Luxembourg,

I've been in an small privat museum yesterday, the museum is located in Perlé (lux) www.385bg.com , the museum is dedicated to the men who died in a crash of 2 B17 over Perlé in july 1944 and it live's only from donations etc. .

At the end of the visit Roger our guide went to a small room with a display cabinet and in there was a nickel-plated m1 carbine Roger told us that it has been found after the bulge in Eschette (lux), Roger told me that he could not explain why it is nickel-plated and by whom, he said maybe it was Patton's, because Patton was in Eschette Roger said. (Roger is 72 years old and lived in the area that time)

So now to my question, do anyone on this board know anything about that the army or airforce issued nickel-plated M1's?

If you need more information about the carbine let me know it and I try to get them, I would be very glad if you could help me out with this.

Thanks

Martin

Ps. Link to new album http://picasaweb.google.com/rennog/Perle38...feat=directlink

post-37-1264938978_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   IMG_2608.JPG (Size: 282.1 KB / Downloads: 0)

Great pictures, as usual, Martin . I'm jealous :armata_PDT_19: !! Once again, thanks for sharing. glad you're back on the forum . You've been missed !!

Vee ;)

There were six different M-1 models which Universal listed (one of the manufacturers) and yes, one was nickel-plated:

Model Enforcer BN

Barrel Ban round

Stock American Blk Walnut w/ pistol grip

Finish nickel plated

Drill/Tap no

Scope no

Misc Enforcer B, silver "presentation" name plate

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Ah, that M1 carbine was made in Pakistan ..... but I'm happy to have it donated to my collection. <_<:rolleyes:

It's a nice one, although I don't think it is Patton's.

M1 carbines were usually for vehicle operators although many other branches used them.

It could have belonged to a truck driver, but also to an officer or infantryman or a military policeman.

It's hard to find out who got this particular weapon.

Erwin

I'm sure more information will come to the top on this subject. It should prove interesting.
Marion J Chard

I Found this link

http://www.m1carbinesinc.com/carbine_universal.html

Vee

Yup, that is where I acquired the info on the nickel-plated version.

:armata_PDT_37:

Marion J Chard

Thx M1, Vee and Erwin,

the link is interesting Vee but the carbine's from Universal Firearms are post War, the nickel-plated carbine on my photo has been found in Eschette (lux) as the battle of the bulge was over, that's what Roger Feller from the museum told me.

By the way Roger is Honorary Commander of the 81st Fighter Squadron from Spangdahlem Airbase!

I'll give him a phone call in the next days to get more info's.

Maybe an officer could get away with changing the finish on his weapon but not a dogface.

It were great to find out more about it!

Martin

Thx M1, Vee and Erwin,

the link is interesting Vee but the carbine's from Universal Firearms are post War, the nickel-plated carbine on my photo has been found in Eschette (lux) as the battle of the bulge was over, that's what Roger Feller from the museum told me.

By the way Roger is Honorary Commander of the 81st Fighter Squadron from Spangdahlem Airbase!

I'll give him a phone call in the next days to get more info's.

Maybe an officer could get away with changing the finish on his weapon but not a dogface.

It were great to find out more about it!

Martin

WE carried M1s' AND THE OFFICERS CARRIED 45S' AND A CARBINE. JEEPS HAD A SCABBARD MOUNTED

ON THE DRIVERS' SIDE FOR AN M1. I'm just talking about my outfit. Nickleplate!! huh, Anything that

would shine you carried and you would be a dead man. justanolddogfaceWW11NoAfricaItaly

Here's another site. I've read several already, and they each state the nickel-plated ones were manufactured, but ONLY after the war. Your friend may have been deceived!

http://www.fulton-armory.com/M1Carbine.htm

Marion J Chard