What happened to the Anzio Beachhead Assoc?

Hey, does anyone know what happened to the Anzio Beachhead Association?

http://anziobeachheadveteransofwwii.com/

I've been a member for several years and received newsletters too. I went to their site today and they are JUST GONE! :armata_PDT_23: I never received any information that they were disbanding or the website would no longer be hosted.

I had placed an order for a friend of mine in Europe (ordered a hat for him), and this morning he wrote, asking about it. I thought it had been taken care of months ago, and that is why I began searching...

Thanks for any help on this matter.

M1

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

My husband went into our checking account and sure enough, I had sent them a check in March for the items for Gilles. He never got the package.

Just went through my bank statement and they cashed my check on April 24, 2009. Now I am fuming!

Funny thing, just went through my newsletters and got the July issue. Nothing in it about their website closing down.

Marion J Chard

My husband went into our checking account and sure enough, I had sent them a check in March for the items for Gilles. He never got the package.

Just went through my bank statement and they cashed my check on April 24, 2009. Now I am fuming!

Funny thing, just went through my newsletters and got the July issue. Nothing in it about their website closing down.

I sent my dues to John L. Boller, Sect.,Treasurer and

got mynew card and reciept back. reunion will be in

Branson Mo. in Sept. Rocky

John Boller

1 Harbor North

Amityville, N.Y. 11701

I found an email address for Beverly Hoercher. I had met her years before via email. Her husband is the one who handles the orders. I just wrote to her and asked what happened. Will let you know.

It's just very odd their website goes down and my check is cashed and no merchandise. May be a coincidence, but me thinks this is very odd!

Marion J Chard
No response yet, hoping I will get some kind of explanation from them, or my money back. Will keep everyone posted.
Marion J Chard
Sent a letter to the president of the association this morning, and will wait for his reply.
Marion J Chard

Sent a letter to the president of the association this morning, and will wait for his reply.

Do hope you get a reply soon. WE will be waiting.

I have his Ph. no. if you want it. Rocky

I thought about calling (I have his number too), but didn't want to intrude. Thought the letter would be better, until I hear what's happening. Maybe we'll wind up chatting after he gets my letter.

The poor guy may no nothing about this! :armata_PDT_23:

Marion J Chard

I thought about calling (I have his number too), but didn't want to intrude. Thought the letter would be better, until I hear what's happening. Maybe we'll wind up chatting after he gets my letter.

The poor guy may no nothing about this! :armata_PDT_23:

I don't think it's intrusion, You might wait a while for an

answer in the mail. A phone call will give you the answer

in 5 minutes.------- :wildwestdude:

Ya, you may be right about that. Maybe I'll give him a call this weekend. He may appreciate the call too, if he's in "the dark"!

M1

Marion J Chard

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WWII veteran recalls fighting at Cassino, Anzio Walt's Daughter 2 5,005 06-13-2012, 08:11 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  25 May 1944 - Anzio beachhead linkup Walt's Daughter 1 4,477 05-25-2009, 10:00 AM
Last Post: roque_riojas
  Maps of Anzio by Hugh Ames - 504th PIR Walt's Daughter 3 6,677 04-21-2009, 04:52 PM
Last Post: roque_riojas
  Anzio Beachhead Foxhole Radios arve 0 3,257 03-05-2008, 12:51 PM
Last Post: arve
  Anniversary of Anzio - Jan 22, 1944 Walt's Daughter 5 6,856 01-23-2008, 03:09 PM
Last Post: 206thmpco
  6TH CORPS MP PHOTO ANZIO arve 2 4,728 01-17-2008, 06:44 PM
  Anzio Memorial Walt's Daughter 5 7,015 09-17-2006, 06:20 PM
  Joining the Anzio Beachhead Veterans Walt's Daughter 13 13,172 08-13-2006, 12:35 PM
  Submitting photos to Anzio Museum Walt's Daughter 0 3,136 05-16-2006, 08:48 AM
  Anzio Vets Remember Walt's Daughter 0 3,540 02-11-2006, 02:00 PM