GREAT WWI SITE

I discovered this during my lunch break today and thought that others might enjoy. He has beautiful photos and several links to other sites

http://pierreswesternfront.punt.nl/?home=1

Thanks for the grand site. I had a great uncle that died over there in WWl. He was around the Chateau Thierry area. My husband & I are lucky enough to go visit over there next month! Of course we'll spend the most time around Normandy. I'm pretty excited.

Nancy

Thanks for the grand site. I had a great uncle that died over there in WWl. He was around the Chateau Thierry area. My husband & I are lucky enough to go visit over there next month! Of course we'll spend the most time around Normandy. I'm pretty excited.

Nancy

OH Im very jealous about your trip!!! Have a wonderful time while you're there.

I discovered this during my lunch break today and thought that others might enjoy. He has beautiful photos and several links to other sites

http://pierreswesternfront.punt.nl/?home=1

Great Link Cwgal Thx :armata_PDT_37:

Nancy

Nancy will you come to my Area too?

I wish we could Martin, but we only have 5 days in France. Your area is on our list for our "next" visit. So many beautiful places, so little time! I'm pretty excited about this trip, not to excited about how long the plane ride is though! Do you have any advice about traveling in France?

Nancy

Nancy tell us where do you start your trip in France, in Paris I guess? What's your plan for the 5 days in France?

Hi Martin, this trip is one of those surprise opportunities I never thought I'd ever receive! We will arrive in Paris for 2 nights, one of those days we'll go to Chateau Thierry, then on to Bayeux by rail to spend 2 days seeing Normandy. We want to take the ferry back to Portsmouth and rail to London, then we have to catch the plane back to the U.S. the next morning. Not very much time.... Is it better to buy a rail tickets before we get there? Thanks to sweet Vee for telling me about the BattleBus, we'll be riding with them for the 2 days. I'd love to stay longer..... next time (see, I'm already planning for the next time)

Thanks, Nancy

Hey Nancy,

I am pleased that the link that I have send battlebus, you've enjoyed it. You will see it will be great. And the link for the hotel you find a hotel that you like ! I wish you a very good stay in normandie .I can not wait to see your photos .

what a damage that you do not come in June. We could have we meet .

It would have been great. :pdt34:

Once again i wish you a very good stay in France.

Vee ;)

Ah I see our great Vee gave you already every help you needed :armata_PDT_01: , I wish you a safe trip and enjoy the old world a bit. :1032:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Great War veteran Harry Patch died sixgun 6 10,468 10-11-2011, 11:53 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  The Great War Walt's Daughter 3 5,627 04-09-2007, 08:00 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter