Updated Web pages

A recent visit by some of my British relatives has provided me with many new photo, poster and document images -- Civil Defence, Dunkirk, Battle of Britain, Invasion preparation, Air Raid Blitz, D-Day preparation, V1 & V2 weapons, etc.

If you are interested please visit ..........

My WW2 Memoirs -- British Home Front

.......... strictly non-commercial.

James

Thanks for the updates. I always like getting a heads-up because it makes me stop for a few and check out sites for the latest and the greatest. I try and keep up, but that doesn't always happen. :D

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

James Pickering:: Wonder if you ever heard about the hundreds of thousand civilian weapons ths U.S. sportsmen donated and were sent to England for use of the "Home

Guards" for defence. Seems a shame that the majority of these civilian weapons were

evidentally destroyed by the British Govt. when they went to the anti gun laws that is

proving very uncessfull there. in lowering the crime rate.

James Pickering::  Wonder if you ever heard about the hundreds of thousand civilian weapons ths U.S. sportsmen donated and were sent to England for use of the "Home Guards" for defence.  Seems a shame that the majority of these civilian weapons were

evidentally destroyed by the British Govt. when they went to the anti gun laws that is proving very uncessfull there. in lowering the crime rate.

j3rdinf:

Here is a fascinating cutting from a 1939 New York newspaper that a friend sent me ..........

hf064.jpg

.......... I am afraid that, as you point out, most of these weapons were destroyed under the stringent (and IMO misguided) UK Govt. gun laws.

James

Thanks, James. Interesting website. Since I collect British Cap Badges, I occasionally see an ARP or other type of badge and never knew exactly what or who wore them.

That reminds me---I have a package to pick up at the Post Office. Five more badges from UK.

Steve

Cool. I picked up my British cap badges. I needed a Scots Guards badge for my visor cap.

I also picked up two that were not regular units: Ayreshire Yoemanry and Herferdshire Territorial Army.

From a distance, the Ayreshire Yoemanry looks almost like a US Eagle with wings spread. But is a Winged Griffin or such. The Herferdshire TA is a Lion very similar to the symbol of Venice.

I have several cap badges displayed on a cork board so that I can easily remove them. Now I will have to re-arrange them to add a few of these.

Steve

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW2 tecnology updated twobisquit 11 17,536 08-26-2007, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter