GI Film Festival in DC Memorial Weekend 2007

Copied this from a post on Wild Bill's forum. Sounds great! :pdt34:

================

This sounds great. Unfortunately, I'll be traveling for a wedding this weekend. But I hope others here will have a chance to attend. Dale Dye and R. Lee Ermey are among the attractions.

A Letter from The President and Founder

Dear Friends,

What are you planning to do this Memorial Day Weekend? If you support American soldiers, and you love to watch great films, there really is only one answer: The First Annual GI Film Festival, to be held May 25-28, 2007 at the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center in Washington, DC.

The GI Film Festival is unique among the more than 950 film festivals held in the United States each year because it focuses specifically on honoring American soldiers. Some of the films screened will be fan favorites. Others will be screened for the very first time. All will in some way express the courage and selflessness of American soldiers and the value of their important work.

The Festival Director and Co-founder, my wife Laura, and I would like to share with you a sneak peek at some of the events and activities we have planned for this Memorial Day Weekend:*

“Fan Favorite†film screenings presented by award-winning Hollywood directors Ron Maxwell (Gettysburg) and John Dahl (The Great Raid).

World premier film screenings featuring the work of promising new filmmakers.

Panel discussions featuring soldiers, journalists, authors, and filmmakers.

A special awards ceremony, including the presentation of the “GI Spirit Award,†given to the actor/producer/director who best embodies the spirit of the GI in their creative work.

A VIP cocktail reception including top military brass, filmmakers, Hollywood executives, and other opinion leaders from Washington DC .

A three-day exhibit where you can learn about military veterans organizations and buy your official GI Film festival gear.

We realize, of course, there are many events and activities competing for your attention Memorial Day Weekend. But where else will you be able to interact with top military brass and Hollywood celebrities in one place?

We sincerely hope you will join us Memorial Day Weekend, May 25-28, 2007, in Washington DC, for the First Annual GI Film Festival. Take this opportunity to watch some amazing films, new and old, while honoring American soldiers at the same time. We promise you this will be an unforgettable event.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

That sounds fantastic. I'll bet there will be some new, Independent films shown that won't be available to everyone after this. I can't go, but I hope this event will be well-attended.

Dogdaddy :woof:

PS- I wonder if they need any of my films? :lol:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Battle of Britain film announced buk2112 1 3,625 04-25-2017, 12:01 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  IDP Film announces the release forthcoming cinema WW2 film Walt's Daughter 0 3,483 05-27-2016, 01:21 PM
  Memorial Day - released 2011 Walt's Daughter 3 4,387 10-16-2014, 07:03 AM
  THUNDERBOLT - Complete Re-encoded HD Film!!! sixgun 0 2,606 11-22-2011, 03:35 PM
Last Post: sixgun
  WW II RETAKING FRANCE 1944 RARE COLOR FILM sixgun 0 2,885 11-09-2010, 06:18 AM
Last Post: sixgun
  A Film Unfinished Walt's Daughter 1 3,512 08-25-2010, 09:36 AM
  Film Memphis Belle 44 Walt's Daughter 2 4,332 11-23-2009, 10:39 AM
  History Channel - Alfred Jodl - May 24, 2007 Walt's Daughter 4 6,065 05-25-2007, 06:50 PM
Last Post: Dogdaddy
  film footage - World War II in Color Walt's Daughter 0 2,609 12-01-2006, 11:39 PM
  540th film Walt's Daughter 1 3,400 11-02-2006, 12:29 AM