On Common Ground: A World War II Reunion

Just finished viewing this one. The title made me think it had great potential but I found it rather dull, really. There was very little discussion of the battle on either side, and it seemed like the two groups of men struggled to find anything to say to each other. Glad I was able to just rent this one.... :pdt33: . I wasn't very much fun to watch but I am always glad to see WWII Veterans find some closure by visiting the places where they served. :pdt34:

:woof: Dogdaddy

Man, I hate it when that happens. I often wonder if it was better behind the scenes and the final production suffered from poor editing... I can only hope.

Brooke

Brooke,

I would highly recommend another film I mentioned recently: "Embedded '45...Shooting War In Germany." I rented this one and was so impressed that I bought a used copy for my own DVD collection. It has alot of good footage of our guys during the final months of the war in Germany.

:woof:

Talking about reunions. I am leaving Tuesday 5am May 2, for the reunion of the

"ANZIO BEACHHEAD VETERANS ASSOC." I will be gone til Monday 7th. This will be at

Branson, Mo. Don't expect very many there. Soon there won't be none. This is just

info. for anyone interested. Roque Riojas the OLD dogface. My C.I.B will be worn with

PRIDE.

Have a grand time Rocky. I'm sure the 34th'ers will be proud to have your there to represent them. Drive safe and take care. M
Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Have a grand time Rocky. I'm sure the 34th'ers will be proud to have your there to represent them. Drive safe and take care. M

Just got back from the reunion. Had a very nice time. Met two from the 34th

and also met ELLEN ANKRUM, She promised me that she would e-mail you. Sure hope she does. Only about 75 vets and some of us didn 't have their wives there. Some I gave your

e-mail add. to. Hope they write. I did fairly well, especially when I told them that I was the current president of the 34th Divn. Assoc. Hotdamn their eyebrows lifted up. I KNOW WHY BUT I WON.T MENTION WHY BUT YOU CAN GUESS. Rocky

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just a Common Soldier Walt's Daughter 1 4,451 08-11-2015, 01:00 PM
Last Post: CaptO
  The History Channel's "The World Wars Walt's Daughter 2 4,077 06-05-2014, 07:33 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  B-17 flying fortress defending against fighters World War II sixgun 1 3,581 10-24-2010, 06:34 PM
Last Post: Dogdaddy
  Apocalypse The 2nd world War !! sixgun 6 7,536 10-16-2010, 08:51 PM
  Italy World War II Jim Davis 9 11,745 01-02-2009, 08:01 AM
  War of the World twobisquit 6 7,660 07-03-2008, 11:15 AM
Last Post: 206thmpco
  World War II movie lists Walt's Daughter 11 10,980 01-23-2007, 12:30 AM
  film footage - World War II in Color Walt's Daughter 0 2,592 12-01-2006, 11:39 PM